Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to do my timing belt i picked up a aisin water pump are these good pumps?? what the best pump to use besides the dealer?

·
Registered
750 Posts
AISIN is an excellent alternative to OEM. I've used them since the 90's in my Civics and Integras, with no problems. I just had my 07 (new to me) MDX done, too.

If you're doing it yourself...Genuine Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit Honda Acura V6 Factory Parts | eBay

If you're buying it, to have someone else do it...make sure that they will install the parts that you bring.

Get into your facebook and see if anyone in your area can do a timing belt on your MDX and ask them if they have actually done a TB before.

I found (in my area) a few guys that offered to do it. A mechanic that worked for a shop specializing on Acuras/Hondas ($300), two other guys said that they did their own ($200).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AISIN is an excellent alternative to OEM. I've used them since the 90's in my Civics and Integras, with no problems. I just had my 07 (new to me) MDX done, too.

If you're doing it yourself...Genuine Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit Honda Acura V6 Factory Parts | eBay

If you're buying it, to have someone else do it...make sure that they will install the parts that you bring.

Get into your facebook and see if anyone in your area can do a timing belt on your MDX and ask them if they have actually done a TB before.

I found (in my area) a few guys that offered to do it. A mechanic that worked for a shop specializing on Acuras/Hondas ($300), two other guys said that they did their own ($200).
im doing my self never did a mdx before but have done timing belts on other cars from what i read / seen online it looks like a pretty easy job

·
Registered
750 Posts
I was worried about cracking the crank bolt, on a v6 vs 4 cylinder.
My Acura dealer cranked it (for the first time in 9 years), for $30

I understand that it came off, without too much extra effort, later that week, when the TB job was done.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was worried about cracking the crank bolt, on a v6 vs 4 cylinder.
My Acura dealer cranked it (for the first time in 9 years), for $30

I understand that it came off, without too much extra effort, later that week, when the TB job was done.
i all ready loosened mine a couple weeks ago with 3/4 in drive impack gun it didnt have a chance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts