Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you search the forum for “water leak” you will find several threads. Silicone should work, I used RTV. You are sealing the bottom of the rain gutter which will not be visible. The one exception is the seam at the end of the rain gutter where it angles down to the hatch. It’s postulated that this is where hairline cracks develop in the weld allowing the leak. I pulled our rack & examined everything carefully but was never certain where my leak actually was. I over did it & just RTV’d the weld line along the entire rain gutter & the area in back with no more problems since (2 years now). As you’ve surmised, here in Puget Sound it rains almost daily starting in October and going up to the 4th of July - doing it now is a good idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody found the tail light seal/gasket to be the source? I have seen this gasket shrink on previous cars I had years ago and suspect that might be my issue here. I plan to remove & inspect soon & will post an update later.

Here’s a picture I took right after a rain storm this week (passenger side rear sub speaker)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
this is too far away from tail light. Has to be a seam as mentioned before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

41 - 43 of 43 Posts