Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently noticed my MDX leaks water (well I think it's water) intermittently. The puddle is right under the engine area. When I saw the puddle, I touched the water and it felt cold even though the ground was warm so I'm thinking it might be coming from the A/C unit. My coworker says it's normal for the A/C to leak water because of the condensation. I've never noticed water leakege on my old car and was wondering if anyone has seen this occur on their MDX - and if so, is it the A/C unit and is it normal. I was going to take it into the dealer to have it looked at but because it only occurs once in awhile, I'm afraid the problem won't show up when I bring it in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Normal

All Acura/Honda seem to have this "feature" :D... My MDX and my wifes TL will develop a puddle on the passenger side just inside wheel. This is the AC condensation from what I've been told by my dealer. The AC seems to be on as part of "auto" climate feature setting as well as defrost. This is NORMAL.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
All car do this now, it is condensation from the mositure in the air, on a particularly hot day when people are using A/C in their cars, look around a parking lot and you'll see little puddles of water dripping. Usually under the right side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whew! For a moment there, I thought my MDX had just encountered its first problem. That means it's been 4 months and still running smooth.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Nope, your X is fine ... just think of it as a 4 week old puppy ... puddles every where it parks ... natural occurence

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
normal

I get it too. It depends if te auto climate control activates the cooling system. If it does there is always condensation that drains to under the engine compartment. Normal nothing to worry about. Just make sure it's not red, green or black for oil leak. Otherwise it's fine.
red-transmission fluid
green- coolant
black-engine oil
clear water- condensation-normal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts