Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello MDX owners.

Research and the power of the internet is amazing.
Recently ,my wife's mdx aquaired a water leak on the passenger side floorbed.

I just dropped it off at the original dealership for the 2nd time in less than a month. 1st appt was $500, and that was no help.

I just got off the phone with acura CS and actually were more helpful 2nd time around. I completely explained to them the situation and used this website a tool against the manufacturer. They know that my car is that the dealership and they "Quickly" assigned me a case mngr and #. Let's hope it works.

They know that this is not an isolated case as I told them and they need to fix it w/o any cost to me. we'll see.

I admit the service mngr at the dealership has been helpful, and he states that he is confident he will alleviate the situation, but at what cost? he knows what is at stake.
I also explained THIS WEBSITE AND THAT HE SHOULD TAKE ALOOK at it.

Just in case, I called the lemon law rep in my state, they only handle 2004 and newer autos. Just my luck.

I called my attorney and he said to trade it in.

I called my insurance company and they were no assistance in helping me.
SO not many options left except the BBB and arbitration if it comes down to that.

I will keep everyone posted. thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
water leak

I have a water under both front carpets also, 01 MDX. What can I do? Did the dealer help? How did they solve the problem and at what cost to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 MDX.......still have it in 2020 and it still leaks water on to the passenger side floor. I'M ASSUMING AFTER ALL THESE YEARS THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM.....CORRECT?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT OR FEEDBACK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you checked to see if there is a clog in the ac condensate drain? If I saw water on the floor mats, that's the first place I would look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The factory sealant/glue at the back of the firewall, behind the fenders, dries out and cracks, and water dipping down from the the roof and windshield runs down and into these seams, and then accumulates on the floorpans. I removed the fenders, rand sealant over and into these seams, and the leaking has stopped! :)

See this thread: 2002 MDX water leaking under floor mats

This video shows the process pretty well:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts