Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been really hot in Toronto the past few days and my 2008 MDX has made two really good sized puddles in my driveway. I'm pretty sure its water but the drip seems to be coming from this black square shaped thing to the middle-to-back part of where the drive shaft is. Hopefully these pictures help?

Anyone know what this is all about?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that's what I thought it was but I was confused because if you look at that little black square thing, which is where the water was leaking from, its like 3/4 of the way down the vehicle. The lower horizontal black thing in the picture is the drive shaft and the rear differential ain't far from there.

Again long term diesel owner so not sure where the AC compressor is for these things???

I always thought it woulda been the engine bay area because it uses a pully to work???

Anyways strange.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The A/C compressor is in the usual spot in the engine bay. The A/C coil is located behind the dash along with the heater core. I would also check your cabin air filter to make sure it is A-OK. You usually change around 20,000-30,000 miles; but, I change mine every spring since it only takes 3-5 mins and about $15 for the filter at Walmart (FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter, CF10134).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts