Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFter I wash my MDX (2002, Black, Touring, NAV, Wood, RBs, WD, TD), and for hours later, the INSIDE of my drivers windows is wet and needs to be wiped. Anyone else have this problem? Should I go back to the dealer for this?

It does not lead in any way otherwise....and this does not sound like the weeping mirrors problem.

Thx-

gk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...one added comment to above, the inside of the window only gets wet when I roll the window down. sorry.

gk

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I remember correctly...

There was a thread on this topic several months back. I have not personally noticed the problem, but then again...I don't let the windows down immediately after washing :rolleyes: (totally anal about it after it's washed)!:)

You might want to try a search and see if you find any useful info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info jford62! Unfortunately, it does not seem anyone has any satisfaction on this issue yet. My MDX does not have 1000 miles on it.....so I will bring it up on the first service. :3:

i'll everyone know if I get anywhere...

gk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Last week I had the problem on both front windows after a heavy rain. Dealer is going to replace both weather strips, we'll see. The inside strip shouldn't be that wet with the windows rolled up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My dealer said they had never heard of the problem, and once they looked at the car, said there was nothing they could do about it.

How's that for quality service?

·
Registered
1 Posts
01 TOURING MDX

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY FRONT WINDOWS, AFTER A RAIN OR THE CAR WASH THE INSIDE OF BOTH FRONT WINDOWS STREAK. DID THE NEW WEATHERSTRIPPING SEEM TO HELP?
THANKS,
JB

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just started to have some slight whistling coming from the driver side and passenger windows, looking to be a weather striping problem, playing with the windows up and down finally got the weather stripping to make a good seal.I just have over 1000 miles on it now, if this looks to be a problem, hopefully having the dealership replace the striping will help. Let us know if that does help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just curious, did anybody get any resolution on this? I'm going to check on our MDX. By the way, after the fix on the water pmup, timing belt...., our MDX is back to normal again. A very nice truck/car. :)

torchny

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think our MDX has the same "problem".....After raining, if we roll down then up the windows (all 4), the insides are wet.... :confused:

Paging Robsj the ASE Certified Engineer.....:)

Need you help on this one. Have you seen this before? I don't feel like taking our MDX to the dealer for them to tell us it's normal.

Others, any ideas?

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
What a coincidence! I had an MDX come in today with this complaint. A repeat complaint from a few months ago too. And we sent him away with the same thing we said the last time. We called the American Honda Techline, and they acknowledge that there is a pattern failure, but there is no repair procedure available at this time. The "model engineer" is still investigating a solution.

Isn't that frustrating? This is worse than seeing "Could not duplicate problem" on the repair order when you pick the vehicle up. Honda's pretty much saying, "Yep, we know about your problem, but we're not going to fix it because we don't know how." Just great... I'll probably take a hit on my customer satisfaction percentage because of Honda's dragging their feet.

Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
TheRobSJ said:
What a coincidence! I had an MDX come in today with this complaint. A repeat complaint from a few months ago too. And we sent him away with the same thing we said the last time. We called the American Honda Techline, and they acknowledge that there is a pattern failure, but there is no repair procedure available at this time. The "model engineer" is still investigating a solution.

Isn't that frustrating? This is worse than seeing "Could not duplicate problem" on the repair order when you pick the vehicle up. Honda's pretty much saying, "Yep, we know about your problem, but we're not going to fix it because we don't know how." Just great... I'll probably take a hit on my customer satisfaction percentage because of Honda's dragging their feet.

Rob
Well, it's pretty frustrating as you said......guess we'll have to live with the "problem" then.:(

But hey, at least you saved us a trip to the dealer, which is great. Thank you!! :)

By the way, have a nice camping trip. In case the bear is digging out your food, remember to use your Panic bottom on the remote to scare him/her off!! (Heard this one from the Pilot forum) :2:

torchny

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
Actually my panic button doesn't really work. I defeated my standard horn and added an air horn that plays Dixie, from the Dukes of Hazzard.

Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the idea....Don't know about the bear though....:D
By the way, what the hell are you doing here? Did the bear wake you up to complain about Dixie?:2:

Enjoy the trip!! :4:

torchny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts