Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing water/condensation in my 2 months old MDX today in the Right Rear light, the part that is in the body.

I am thinking about taking it to the dealer to fix it. Do they cover this under warranty? and are they going to remove the bumper or any other major dis-assembly to fix this?

anyone see this issue before? Make sure to check your head/tail lights for water.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had this issue due to a rock chip which wasn't covered by warranty according to the dealer. If they don't cover it you can just ebay or LKQ the part for around $100-$120 and install it yourself. It literally takes about 5 minutes - you just pull up the plastic covering the light housing screws, unscrew, insert new housing, push the plastic back in, and viola.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know that it's an easy fix. If they have to remove the bumper or more parts, I rather live with the current condition. I just don't trust them putting everything back together

·
Registered
190 Posts
this is not an uncommon problem, others have had the issue. I think poor assembly quality plays a role in this. My rear tail light went out after 6 months of ownership and I wonder if water and cold temperatures did the damage. Warranty covered it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
-condensation should not exist at any temperature ideally at normal operating temps. (there are exceptions)

If present and no visible damage to the assembly its a warranty claim

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 MDX diver's side tail light fills with water. The brake light and turn signal work. I replaced the two bulbs back in May 2019 and it worked fine. It filled with water again and when I replaced bulbs this time the bulbs do not work. I checked the fuses under the hood and diver's side box and none are blown. If it is a relay does anyone know which one it would be? Any other suggestions? How did others prevent this from happening again?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My 2014 MDX diver's side tail light fills with water. The brake light and turn signal work. I replaced the two bulbs back in May 2019 and it worked fine. It filled with water again and when I replaced bulbs this time the bulbs do not work. I checked the fuses under the hood and diver's side box and none are blown. If it is a relay does anyone know which one it would be? Any other suggestions? How did others prevent this from happening again?
There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 19-019) for water in the inner tail lights: http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B19-019.PDF

Might ask your dealer about this to see if they can correct the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your response. I have had the car serviced for this recall even though I never had any problems there, however this is the outer lamp of the car and not on the tailgate. Do you have any information on this lamp?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thank you for your response. I have had the car serviced for this recall even though I never had any problems there, however this is the outer lamp of the car and not on the tailgate. Do you have any information on this lamp?
I just know about this TSB. My 19 MDX also shows condensation in the driver side outer tail light when conditions are right. Took a photo to show to my service manager. It also cleared up on its own after a few days. Acura said a little condensation was normal for the outer tail lights. I probably have the same exact issue you have; but, we only get around 10 inches of rain the entire year in New Mexico (my X get gets hit with more water from washings than from rain/snow).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts