Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 2002 Acura MDXers,
So a couple months ago started seeing this water dripping where head liner and window meet, this is on the drivers side most rear fixed window. The head liner stays dry but with a drip about every 2 seconds. I have water tested this window, roof rack, antenna on this side. I also have made sure there was no blockage from sunroof drains. Has anyone had similar problem and did you find a fix??

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
It can be tough to pinpoint the entry point of the water - it often has very little relationship to the exit point.

I wouldn't discount that sunroof quite yet though - I can't imagine where else the water could be coming from, other than maybe the antenna (guessing that gap would be easier to spot).

The fact that it's dripping out from above the fixed window pretty much lets that window off the suspect list (water doesn't run up very easily). ;-)

I guess the best thing to do would be to carefully flood the sunroof channel and see what happens - if there's any obvious movement of the water out of / around the channels, and to make doubly certain that it's draining like it should (you should see it coming out underneath the car as fast as you pour it in up top).

·
Registered
473 Posts
The other area to be concerned with are the rubber boots leaking at the top of the rear hatch! Do your self a favor and inspect the rear fuse panel area for any water damage if only as a precautionary measure! You sure do not want to be like others that have water damage and rusted panel. Similar to door jamb rubber boots. These can get cracked, torn or simply allow water to get in !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts