Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i am looking for a method to watch movie with the front screen while driving. can you help me.. thank you first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not living in your country

front screen cannot watch movie even when u stop or running the car. so it should have a method to mod it.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think i would probably have a portable DVD player on my lap while driving rather than modding the Nav screen. Makes it easier to move the screen where u want while driving and watching... :2:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow you all jumped on the guy really fast there.....maybe he's not watching the screen maybe it's for the passenger in the front seat ...I mean I could understand that on long drives for the wife etc. ...that would make sense. I wouldn't watch it duh... but it could entertain them at least....I guess some of you are like moths to a flame with a tv huh ..."I can't look awaaayyy...iiittttttttt'sss soooooo bbeeeaaauuuttiiffuulllll" *CRASH* :2:

Now if it's for him to watch while driving then that's different....but i don't think someone would deliberately do that would they :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
We were just kiddin... of course, I did realize that he wasnt referring to himself when he was asking about the "Watching Video" part. It helps to crack up alittle bit at times... No offense :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
kingmdx said:
....but i don't think someone would deliberately do that would they :p
As hard as it is to believe, the short answer is, "Yes, of course"

Kinda like asking if someone would carry on a text message conversation while driving down the road.

Same answer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
maybe he's not watching the screen maybe it's for the passenger in the front seat ...I mean I could understand that on long drives for the wife etc. ...that would make sense.
The point of the matter is the risk of the driver getting distracted if you put a video in front of him is very high. So if he is concerned about the passenger my suggestion is either buy a portable player for the passenger to watch on or install a video visor that connects to the RES, or have it's own player

Attachments

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
highcountrymdx said:

As hard as it is to believe, the short answer is, "Yes, of course"

Kinda like asking if someone would carry on a text message conversation while driving down the road.

Same answer.
Or read the newspaper, or put on makeup, reach down to the floor board to search for something, or you name it.

You have not been driving long if you have not seen many dumb things that drivers do
!

G

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this mod installed on my 08 MDX Tech Pkg (I didn't have the DVD Ent Pkg). A local shop installed a DVD player in the center console with a switch to change over between NAV and DVD. It is awesome! (Ever have to wait on the wife while shopping?) The whole thing was about $550.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this mod installed on my 08 MDX Tech Pkg (I didn't have the DVD Ent Pkg). A local shop installed a DVD player in the center console with a switch to change over between NAV and DVD. It is awesome! (Ever have to wait on the wife while shopping?) The whole thing was about $550.00.

·
Registered
129 Posts
whatever happened to people reading books or something educational while in cars or waiting. Now its just staring at the dummy box all day long frying the brain....no good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I replaced my sunvisors with ones with built in monitors. Under no circumstances is the driver's side one on while the car is moving. Nope. Not going to happen. But, I've travelled on the highway with my 12 year old in the passenger seat playing on his PS2.

When my wife sits in the passenger seat, she won't watch anything. Good for her.

It's actually also illegal in my jurisdiction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts