Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While browsing this baord on how to clean and wash my new X, I am also curious if anyone out there could give me some advice on restoring the shine on my old faithful Legend. It has a few scratches, especially around the key holes where the keys have done some damage over the years. Other than running it through a car wash with the machine wax job evry now and then, I have not really taken care of the exterior.

I am hoping to really give it a real cleaning job in a few weeks. How should I start ? What products should I use for the exterior and also the leather interior?

BTW, I have settled on Klasse for my new X after readin gthis board. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Uvaone:

___Shhhhhh, don’t tell anyone here or you may start a stampede … Have you ever heard of Zaino? Works just as well if not better on older automobiles as brand spanking new ones … Or so I am told ;)

• Dawn w/ copious amounts of water.
  • Claybar w/ ½ cap of Zaino Z7 and 16 oz. H20.
  • Z7 with ripped up (to remove the threads) Canon wash cloths to remove all clay bar residue.
  • Dry with a ripped up (to remove the threads) Canon towel.
  • Zaino Z1 but don’t wipe it off.
  • Zaino Z2 and wait for it to be completely dry before wiping it off.
  • Zaino Z6 immediately after the Zaino Z2 was wiped off and wipe smooth
  • Zaino Z2 and Z6 as listed again and again w/ a day + between coats
___Z2 is for the light colored vehicles. Zaino Z5 and ZFX would probably work best on the darker ones from my reads.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
A Legend never dies...

·
Registered
128 Posts
uvaone said:
While browsing this baord on how to clean and wash my new X, I am also curious if anyone out there could give me some advice on restoring the shine on my old faithful Legend. It has a few scratches, especially around the key holes where the keys have done some damage over the years. Other than running it through a car wash with the machine wax job evry now and then, I have not really taken care of the exterior.

if the paint is in need of swirl/scartch removal all over, and is "faded" - combine the job - get it buffed by a pro - best 75 you'll ever spend . . .
you can try it by yourself with some swirl remover and a random orbital machine and time - if you dont own a machine, maybe now is the time. swirl removers will also liven up the paint - , but if its the whole car - and you have anyscratches you can "feel" by dragging a fingenail across, get a pro . . .

I am hoping to really give it a real cleaning job in a few weeks. How should I start ? What products should I use for the exterior and also the leather interior?
answer depends on the answer to the above - if you go with a pro buff job, you dont need certain things . . .

BTW, I have settled on Klasse for my new X after readin gthis board. Thank you.
and yet i still offer advice . . . ;) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts