Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I was trying to clean my rear windshield and since it was 5 in the morning it was dark out and I couldn't see if anything was coming out. I could hear the pump and see the rear wiper moving. So after 10-15 seconds the rear wiper stops and I try the front squirters and nothing. I don't even hear the pump anymore. I checked both the number 5 and 12 fuse and both look ok. I also pulled the rubber grommet in the rear and all wires look good. I don't know what else to look at. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take another look when I get home. It's weird that it would stop while driving to work though. Hopefully its something easy like this. =( Any other suggestions as to what it might be if the wiring is in tact?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked at all the wires and they are good and double checked the 2 fuses and they are good too. Idk what it is. =( I guess I’m gonna have to bring it in to the dealer. So all in all the intermittent wiper, rear wiper and pump aren’t working. The light on my mirror is still green so I don’t think it’s that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Could be dirty contacts on the stalk it self. My intermittent delay works but med and hi speed do not. I can get med and hi speed wipers to work if I push the end of the stalk inwards towards the column and let go. I need to take all that apart and clean them with some contact cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
edmmdx
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing