Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield washers on my 2005 MDX are not working very well. When I turn the front washer on, washer fluid basically dribbles from the washer jets. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clear the obstruction from the line. I can hear the washer pump trying to operate, but very little spray comes out of the nozzles.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Unless you've been pouring water with debris in it, there probably isn't an obstruction. I spent a bunch of time on my 2001 Pathfinder chasing what I thought was an obstruction by cleaning the jets with a needle, and replacing the rubber line, which did nothing. When I replaced the pump it sprayed like new again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
792 Posts
Disconnect the line right at the nozzle then activate the pump. You should get a solid stream that shoots 6+ feet from the line. If not it is a weak pump. If you have good pressure then likely replacing the nozzles is the best solution as it's nearly impossible to clear them if there is an obstruction or buildup. They are plastic and very easily damaged if you try to pole something into them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts