Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
It’s stuck??? It’s an open hole in the top of the reservoir. Are you saying that it’s not running all the way down into the reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s stuck??? It’s an open hole in the top of the reservoir. Are you saying that it’s not running all the way down into the reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, this is my first Acura MDX, I’ll take a picture and will post

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do you mean your washer fluid is not spraying on your windshield?

No matter what car you own they all pretty much have the same washer fluid reservoir - it’s not particular to Acura.

You are either pouring the fluid where it doesn’t belong or you have a cracked reservoir- but then you would have fluid on the floor.

That or someone poured cememt in your reservoir.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No doubt it is a language problem. The OP might have shown someone what he was doing wrong and is too embarrassed to return.

I

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The first picture you are showing is for engine coolant. You can’t see the washer tank. It’s probably underneath the engine.
5 days going back and forth.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Believe it or not my 2014 still has the original washer fluid in it. Did you already empty yours on your new 2020?

Look for the wiper symbol on the washer fluid reservoir so you don't confuse it with the engine coolant overflow reservoir Elvis just mentioned.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I think he thought the coolant overflow was the washer tank. The only explanation I can think of. Putting fluid in and expecting to see it in that tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he thought the coolant overflow was the washer tank. The only explanation I can think of. Putting fluid in and expecting to see it in that tank.
Thanks, if you’re right, what will be the effect since I put the windshield washer fluid?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks, if you’re right, what will be the effect since I put the windshield washer fluid?
It’s in the manual. Coolant recovery. You actually unscrewed the the white cap and poured windshield washer fluid in there? Why on earth would you do that? I think you should keep the hood closed. Don’t know what damage,if any. You should probably have the cooling system flushed.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts