Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning was brisk, so I cranked the car up put the seat heaters in. A few minutes later I jumped in expecting to find a toasty seat only to find a cold uninviting seat. At first I thought the seat heater didn't work, but then felt the back start to warm up but not the butt. I figured the seat didn't heat up because my weight wasn't in it - which is smart I guess. However, has anyone had part of the seat heater fail? This is my first time using them so I have no idea what to expect.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Unfortunately seat heaters failing isn't terribly uncommon. You are correct on the seat not really warming up until you are sitting on it. That's normal.

Hear are several links to youtube videos that will help you understand the basic idea of how to fix the issue. The first one walks you through a 2003 Pilot seat install of a heater on a seat that never had one, but helps you see how the seat comes apart. The 2nd video walks you through diagnosing and replacing the heater coils once the seat is apart.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I had both front seat heaters fail on my 11 MDX. Lucky to be under warranty and replaced for free.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do any of the other seats heat up? Did you check the fuse?

Here in cold climate, not having working seat heaters would make the car unusable, especially without remote engine start or somethjng..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts