Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SInce I have no Acura dealer in Ft Collins I'm wondering if the local Honda dealer can do the warranty work or do I have to drive 50 miles to the Accura dealer I'm going to purchase my MDX from? Any limitation at all?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Checked with my first-rate service staff here at Ray Laks, and they told me that warranty work can only be performed by Acura dealers.....sorry I don't have better news for you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know this point has been discussed around here but I can't seem to find it. I have a 2004 and am having a problem with one of the seat heaters, however the nearest Acura dealership is 400 miles away. What steps do I need to take to get warranty work done at the local Honda dealership. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

PS: I am not talking about maintenance work I already take it to the Honda dealership for that, I am specifically talking about how to get Acura to pay for work done at a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Before I purchased my MDX my dealer in MN told me that it is no problem to take care of minor warranty work at a Honda dealership but I would be responsible of taking care of the charges and then Acura would reimburse me. He did say for major repairs they usually want to service the vehicle themselves but they can arrange for towing. Has anyone ever had an experience with this??

·
Registered
715 Posts
cvyluv said:
Before I purchased my MDX my dealer in MN told me that it is no problem to take care of minor warranty work at a Honda dealership but I would be responsible of taking care of the charges and then Acura would reimburse me.
Boy, you'd better get that in writing first. I'm 150 miles to the nearest Acura dealer, too, so I asked when the MDX was new and was told that warranty work was not done by Honda. Just this weekend I couldn't get the Honda dealer to read a Check Engine code for me even after I'm out of warranty. Be careful!

·
Registered
121 Posts
In the late '90's I had some warranty work done on my Integra at a Honda dealer and Acura covered it. Then they did a recall on the same part and paid the Honda dealer again to put in the revised part. Call Acura customer care and beg your case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
phild_mason
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing