Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a CPO 2015 MDX Tech, it currently has 40,600 miles, is/are there anything maintenance-wise that I should be paying attention to (since my Non-Powertrain extended warranty ends at 62k miles) that I should get the dealership to look at before my warranty expires? Or anything that is not covered by the warranty that will come up soon?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
No maintenance items are covered by the warranty. Doesn't matter if "factory" or "CPO", maintenance is out of your pocket.

Do you have documentation on when these fluids were last changed?
  • Brake Fluid
  • Rear Differential fluid (if SH-AWD)
  • Transmission fluid

What about engine air filter? Cabin air filter?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just bought a 2015 CPO as well. The dealer did an oil change, new air filter, haven't checked cabin filter, but it's probably new as well. They actually do a lot of the maintenance items for the CPO's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No maintenance items are covered by the warranty. Doesn't matter if "factory" or "CPO", maintenance is out of your pocket.

Do you have documentation on when these fluids were last changed?
  • Brake Fluid
  • Rear Differential fluid (if SH-AWD)
  • Transmission fluid

What about engine air filter? Cabin air filter?
I probably worded that wrong. I meant any issues that I should be on the lookout for that covered and also not covered by the warranty.

I will check on the fluids and filters.

Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
My rear tailgate light went out right when a couple months ago on my 14 high 200.00's to get it replaced at the dealer. That's my only issue

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Was it the whole tail light or just the incadecent bulbs?

Here is a how to on how to change them:
https://youtu.be/oypWT4V4T-A

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Usually, CPO from Acura have a 150-point inspection conducted. Any issues discovered not within the CPO standards are taken care of like mechanical issues, services due, replace tires if too much wear, brakes pads under a certain %, etc... Any issues they can't take care of are excluded from the CPO program and sold as a regular used car (aftermarket parts, accident repair, too much wear/tear, too much $$ for maint, etc...). Acura provides the extended warranty (and a higher sell price) as a guarantee of its reliability and quality.

150 point inspection: https://www.acura.com/content/pdf/CPO_150pt.pdf

You still have your 4yr/50,000 mile basic warranty and 6yr/70,000 mile powertrain warranties from the factory that will kick in first before the CPO warranty. You also have the option to purchase Acura Care as long as you are still covered by the 4yr/50,000 mile basic warranty at the dealership or on-line.

You CPO warranty only kicks in from 50,000 - 62,000 miles and it is just a short-term Acura Care warranty (6yr/70K powertrain warranty will kick-in for any issues related to that). You have to read CPO and Acura Care warranty info to find out what is covered once that goes into effect. Wearable items like rotors, brake pads, tires, wiper blades, or lights are sometimes excluded (LED MAY be covered under Acura Care since they are unique to Acura). A strange exception in the fine print would be LED headlight assembly are covered 100% under 4/50K basic; but, Acura Care may not cover LED if you have something like condensation in the LED after 50K.

For the most part, it is just the big 105,000 timing belt service and fluid changes before/after that. Any issues most of us long term owners have with the powertrain usually happen way after any Acura Care or CPO warranties are long gone. I have 400,000 miles between my TSX, RDX, and MDX and it has just been 3 batteries, 2 alternators, 1 power steering pump, 1 control arm, rear camber kit, and 1 coil pack after the vehicles turned over 100K.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.