Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my official notice. It's finally happening for 2007-13 US MDX models with ADS. The program is just like the Canadian one, which extends warranty coverage to 7 years or 100K miles, whichever comes first. Same for 2010-12 ZDXs.

Reactions: BigEd184

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think the 2010-13 model is 7 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. The 2007-09 model has until March 2017 or 100,000 whichever comes first. I have 2011, and it says 7 years 100,000 miles whichever comes first. There is no March 2017 expiration.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A friend replaced the ADS of his 2009 MDX @ 90K miles. Is Honda saying anything about reimbursing the cost if someone already spend the money to replace them?

·
Registered
739 Posts
A friend replaced the ADS of his 2009 MDX @ 90K miles. Is Honda saying anything about reimbursing the cost if someone already spend the money to replace them?
If he did the work himself, he will need to call to Acura Client Relations to open a case. The reimbursement form does not have the option for "DIY". Have the car VIN# and mileage ready as the ACR people wants to confirm if the extend warranty is still valid for your car. A district manager will call you and requests these:

1. Receipt of the parts with date.
2. proof of payment: cash receipt, credit card statement, etc.

It will take 8 weeks to process the claim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And what happens next time the dampers fail? Again. Did they update the part? Or are they using the same ones? Think it may be time to sell this thing after the reimbursement comes in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
And what happens next time the dampers fail? Again. Did they update the part? Or are they using the same ones? Think it may be time to sell this thing after the reimbursement comes in.

I believe the replacement parts, if installed by the dealer, has 12-months or 12,000 miles warranty (parts and labor). If DIY, I believe it's just 1 year/12,000 miles. I believe this is the one-time offer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At dealership (Prime Motor Group) waiting while they evaluate the struts. Will report what they say. Local repair shop already confirmed left front strut is bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: My dealer (Prime Acura, MA) replaced front and rear under the extended warranty program. It could not have been easier.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Anyone know how much (approximately) it would cost the average owner of a 2007-2013 MDX to replace the ADS system on the applicable 2nd. generation MDX vehicle- out of his/her own pocket (without the dealership's help)?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Last year, I helped a friend to replace all four on his 2009 MDX. It was around US$2,000 in parts delivered to from Kansas to Texas. Just the struts and shocks reusing springs and mountings.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I kinda want mine to fail before the replacement period ends because of time or mileage. I did purchase an Acura Care Warranty for $2400 in 2015 and it takes me to 120,000 miles on my 11 MDX (85,000 miles now). I only did Acura Care because of the magnetic suspension and I already had a failure of the fronts at 35,000 miles (covered under basic 4/50k warranty). I think the cost to me would have been around $2800-$3200 when they just did the fronts. Might be looking at +$4000 if you need to do all four corners on a +10 MDX Adv. The 07-09 Sport magnetic struts/shocks seem to be a little bit cheaper than the +10 versions.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Anyone know how much (approximately) it would cost the average owner of a 2007-2013 MDX to replace the ADS system on the applicable 2nd. generation MDX vehicle- out of his/her own pocket (without the dealership's help)?
I replaced all four for $3531.88 (diy). I bought the complete assembly for the fronts.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I replaced all four for $3531.88 (diy). I bought the complete assembly for the fronts.
:surprise: WOW- that's a good chunk of change!!-
it's really good that you know how to do this on your own :6:

i can only imagine, how much in total the stealership would charge for parts and labor for replacing all four (ADS) on a 2nd generation MDX?!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Last year, I helped a friend to replace all four on his 2009 MDX. It was around US$2,000 in parts delivered to from Kansas to Texas. Just the struts and shocks reusing springs and mountings.
I'm very intrigued that Acura would suddenly agree to address this on older model Acura MDX's (that meet their requirement- under 100K miles and/or by a certain date)...kinda feel bad for those people who have already spent their own money addressing ADS deficiencies (on '07-'13) MDX's on their own dime....:|

If anyone (on this MB) has already taken advantage of this, please chime in to share your experience (and to rub it in the faces of those of who actually spent our own money to address ADS problems within the previous years of ownership)- prior to this out of the blue offer/pledge having emerged lately from Acura)?

·
Registered
739 Posts
:surprise: WOW- that's a good chunk of change!!-
it's really good that you know how to do this on your own :6:

i can only imagine, how much in total the stealership would charge for parts and labor for replacing all four (ADS) on a 2nd generation MDX?!!!
It is a big chuck of change. It is quite relief that Acura offers the warranty extension. I submitted the claim two weeks ago so hopefully I get a refund soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got the front and rear active dampers replaced under warranty on my 2010 MDX with 89,000 miles. Looking at the list of parts used for this job, I 'm wondering if the front (51605-STX-A59 and 51606-STX-A59) and rear (52610-STX-A55) units are the same exact parts that came with the car originally. The front end alignment was also performed under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just got the front and rear active dampers replaced under warranty on my 2010 MDX with 89,000 miles. Looking at the list of parts used for this job, I 'm wondering if the front (51605-STX-A59 and 51606-STX-A59) and rear (52610-STX-A55) units are the same exact parts that came with the car originally. The front end alignment was also performed under warranty.
okay- I'm going to take a stab and ask some potentially STUPID questions relevant to this thread and in particular the quote/post above (b/c I know NOTHING about cars :crying2: )- is there any particular reason why the dealership only performed the FRONT end alignment while doing the repair warranty work on your 2nd gen. MDX's ADS system (and not a REAR end alignment- is there even such a thing? :laugh: )

also, I'm getting new tires put on my MDX soon and am wondering if its better to have the new tires mounted on my MDX before or after this potential ADS warranty work to be performed by the dealer in the near future (hopefully)? Or is this irrelevant? Do tire shops automatically perform a free wheel alignment by default when mounting new tires (or is it just the 'balance & rotation' that these guys cover) or am I just not making any sense to all you car/'do it yourself', mechanically inclined guru's out there? :surprise:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts