Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title suggests I want to make my car a little newer feeling whenever I drive it. I have added RGB floor lighting and passed it through the center console which looks very nice at night.
Any suggestions for modifications?
Btw is it possible to add Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm using iSimple to get music from my iphone to MDX, charges it too. Bluetooth option also in it, but plugging in works better due to charging while using waze! Get the windows tinted, give the car a good bath! Any maintenance that may need to be done such as TB service, tie rods, ball joints, etc.

Reactions: Bennett.R

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is a guy in New Jersey who seems to be expert in 2007-2009 MDX audio visual mods, he has put touchscreen based headunits with full functionality and screen Mirroring. I have no commercial interest with him but came across on insta, his id is primeoperu.

Even if you are not in NJ you will surely get some ideas (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using iSimple to get music from my iphone to MDX, charges it too. Bluetooth option also in it, but plugging in works better due to charging while using waze! Get the windows tinted, give the car a good bath! Any maintenance that may need to be done such as TB service, tie rods, ball joints, etc.
Do you know if that works on the entertainment package? Right now I am using the back RCA ports with a RCA to headphone jack adaptor from amazon to get AUX working.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Do you know if that works on the entertainment package? Right now I am using the back RCA ports with a RCA to headphone jack adaptor from amazon to get AUX working.
YES! I have the sport ENT version and those RCA jacks were a pain. The cable would be broken at least 3-4x a year. Goes behind the radio (isimple in glovebox) and works without an issue. I bought the "ISHD651" Isimple model from amazon.

Simply go to XM and use the tune wheel to go to USB/IPOD and you'll get that. There are 2 aux inputs and you retain XM also!

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX Tech
9 Posts
As title suggests I want to make my car a little newer feeling whenever I drive it. I have added RGB floor lighting and passed it through the center console which looks very nice at night.
Any suggestions for modifications?
Btw is it possible to add Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Thanks !
If I may, I would like to make a suggestion to make your MDX more modernize. I installed the Spec BT45-ACU for Bluetooth audio streaming its plug and play and easy to install.
I also installed a navtool with Apple car play and it works great, now I can use Waze or google maps for my navigation and everything else that is integrated with it. I ran the HDMI and USB connections into the center to keep it clean and have better access.
I kept my original MDX Bluetooth Hands-free calling for my incoming and outgoing calls, while I used the BT45-ACU for audio streaming and Navtool for carplay.
Lastly, I also installed a front mirror dash cam to always continue my driving activity.
If you need any assistance please feel free to PM.
you can also look at gallery and check all the upgrades that I have done my MDX.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How were you able to keep your HFL working? Everyone I know of has there battery drain from it. Or it just quits working all together.

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX Tech
9 Posts
How were you able to keep your HFL working? Everyone I know of has there battery drain from it. Or it just quits working all together.
I had it replaced at the dealership and my warranty covered it. Until now it hasn't gone bad. Overall everything else works like a charm and the way it supposed to be.
I hoped I answered your questions and doubts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I also installed a navtool with Apple car play and it works great, now I can use Waze or google maps for my navigation and everything else that is integrated with it. I ran the HDMI and USB connections into the center to keep it clean and have better access.
If you need any assistance please feel free to PM.
you can also look at gallery and check all the upgrades that I have done my MDX.

View attachment 115594

HI i have the Navtool in mine as well, how did you get the cables to the center arm console? I couldn't find any instructions on how to open it :| so i just got the cables out from below the center stack.

You can see my setup here NAVTOOL in 2G MDX (2011 MDX with Pictures)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes! I got mine replaced at the dealer, if yours keeps going out and you don't use it much you can unplug it.

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX Tech
9 Posts
HI i have the Navtool in mine as well, how did you get the cables to the center arm console? I couldn't find any instructions on how to open it :| so i just got the cables out from below the center stack.

You can see my setup here NAVTOOL in 2G MDX (2011 MDX with Pictures)
My MDX is 2007, so my Navtool it's installed underneath the driver's seat. What I did I bought 3 ft HDMI and USB cables and ran them through the bottom of the center console. That was a project to remove everything, but it was a project but it can be done. Now for you car you can also the same, but the cables will be coming from the radio into the center console. I will include the instructions in a PDF if you decide to remove the center console and rewire the cables. If you need any assistance please feel free to PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
My MDX is 2007, so my Navtool it's installed underneath the driver's seat. What I did I bought 3 ft HDMI and USB cables and ran them through the bottom of the center console. That was a project to remove everything, but it was a project but it can be done. Now for you car you can also the same, but the cables will be coming from the radio into the center console. I will include the instructions in a PDF if you decide to remove the center console and rewire the cables. If you need any assistance please feel free to PM.
Awesome, thank you so much, this is what I was looking for :)

Btw have your wrapped your car? Looks interesting, please post a few pictures, thanks

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX Tech
9 Posts

Btw have your wrapped your car? Looks interesting, please post a few pictures, thanks

You are very welcome, I'm glad I was able to help you. And no I didn't wrap my car I repaint it to a newer and modern look. You can preview the pictures on the link below.
If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM or just post it here and I will get to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts