Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang, I am a 66 year old, totally in love with his 2001 MDX purchased new and still hope that it will be my last one.

I have 370K on it, no major repairs as yet.

It has started wandering. Have built my own hot rods, but this front end engineering, way over my head. I know enough to be dangerous.

Can it just be one part or am I looking at an entire front end and time to send the car to the scrap?

Anyone with some experience on this wandering (steering) issue.

Anything would be a start for me.

thanks

Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Holy crow man, youve had 370k with no major repairs, wrecks...nothin?
If you like it, tranny feels solid, id have a trusted mechanic with an alignment machine take a look and fix it.
At worst struts and balljoints, and bushings, not bad for that mileage.
Maybe they find busted belt in your tire.
I thought i did well pulling 350k from an Element.
Well done. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crow man, youve had 370k with no major repairs, wrecks...nothin?
If you like it, tranny feels solid, id have a trusted mechanic with an alignment machine take a look and fix it.
At worst struts and balljoints, and bushings, not bad for that mileage.
Maybe they find busted belt in your tire.
I thought i did well pulling 350k from an Element.
Well done. (y)
Thanks, yes, I call it the 10 footer. From 10 ft it looks new, like the day it came out of the factory. No salt on the roads here.

No repairs, no dints, no dings and that black leather interior is still gorgeous.

I have a friend with the machine and I will run it over to him.

Thanks for the advice,

·
Registered
406 Posts
Definitely get it up on a lift and have it checked for wheel bearings, ball joints, and tie rods. Looseness in any of those components can cause the issue you are experiencing and by the time you can feel it that way could be dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Pkrface
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing