Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should one wait to use Zaino? 1 week old 03 Mdx. How long should i wait to allow paint to cure.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Its ready to be protected the day you drive it home.

·
Registered
715 Posts
ritz...like smallpox was (until it reared it ugly head thanks to our friends in, well, never mind), it is cured....go for it....the sooner the better. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could have sworn I read somewhere in my 2002 SAAB 9-5 Aero to wait for 6 months for paint to cure before waxing. Need to check again.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
But your driving an acura now, not a saab. Saab could use a different paint process. Go for it. The sooner you do it the better off you'll be.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Old paint processes did require a 6 month wait on a new car. Also, if you have an accident and the car is partially repainted, 6 month wait...

All new cars (That I know of) use fairly high heat to cure the paint in the production process. This is done before any of the "meltable" material is added to the body. This curing dries the paint completey, and you are ready to go. But if you ever have touch up work done, wait the 6 months..........

·
Registered
653 Posts
My other car was recently painted on a small area. The autobody shop said I should wait for 1 month. Should I wait 6 months or do you think 1 month should be ok?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts