Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
YUK!!! Why do manufacturers insist on perpetuating the Aztek effect???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,761 Posts
Even worse from the back IMO:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Amazing. :eek:

But then I thought the New Beetle was a mistake, too. (Still do, except that VW has made a fortune off them.)
And the PT Cruiser (ditto for Chrysler).
And the Aztek (okay, so the market does have limits).
And the new 350Z (time will tell).
And the new Thunderbird (we'll see).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
I am quite certain that this is just to mislead the competetion. Who in the right mind would design and/or buy this kind of wierd looking automobile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,761 Posts
Whoops, forgot something:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
If you look at the A and B pillar...It's a complete plagiarization of the Izuzu Axiom. In addition the hood line also looks like the izuzu. The wheels are stolen from the Audi TT. The rear looks like the engineer incompleted the design job or they are running out of metal to weave over the Axion skin...

Whatever....VW needs to stay in making BUGS, Passats and such...PUHLEASE... I thought ACURA was late to the game...PUHLEASE..

That has to be one of the UGLIEST heap of metal I have ever seen. Makes my jigsaw puzzle look bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
ACURA's EQUALLY BAD.........

Fireblade6 said:
If you look at the A and B pillar...It's a complete plagiarization of the Izuzu Axiom. In addition the hood line also looks like the izuzu. The wheels are stolen from the Audi TT. The rear looks like the engineer incompleted the design job or they are running out of metal to weave over the Axion skin...

Whatever....VW needs to stay in making BUGS, Passats and such...PUHLEASE... I thought ACURA was late to the game...PUHLEASE..

That has to be one of the UGLIEST heap of metal I have ever seen. Makes my jigsaw puzzle look bad.
Have you seen the new RD-X concept vehicle that is supposed to come out in a year or two........It's probably as UGLY :eek: AS THIS ABOMINATION from VW, or possibly worse!!!!!!!!!!.........What's with auto companies today????? Are they smoking something?? :rolleyes:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Y'all are overlooking the concept here . . .

This vehicle can easily be turned into a tiger tank by the addition of a turret and tracks in case of another unpleasantness with our German friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Not pretty.

I saw this thing at the Detroit Auto Show. My wife and I laughed at it and thought it is just a concept vehicle and it should look very different when and if it ever comes to market. Well we snickered at a lot of cars at the show. One was called the Frogger (looked like a frog and was green too). Toyota had thier hybrid car dressed up as a penguin He hee.

On the flip side the Tonka Truck concept was awesome. I could post some pics if I knew how. Worm???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
What the heck are they smokin' over at VW??? The interior is interesting, but from the front/side, it looks like a cross between a PT Cruiser and a VW Beetle---- on steroids! I have no words to even begin describe the rear view. YUK!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
i personally think its awesome, except for the square back.... it'll turn heads for sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Its a Porsche

I actually like the front but the back end sucks. This is basically the new SUV that is built by Porsche for VW. The Porsche version has all Porsche drive train and some suspension differences. VW version has all VW drive trains and rumors of their V-12 as an option! Will be a PERFORMANCE SUV. The Porsche version is called the Cayenne and has Porsche's new V8. Laps the Nurbergring as fast as a Boxster S!! SEarch for Cayene and you will see the P-car companies idea of a SUV. Quite a bit toned down from the wild VW front and back.

Porschefiles are not happy with this intrusion into their ranks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
Fortunately, that picture may simply be a different concept vehicle and not the actual VW Touareg (which is apparently the name of the VW SUV, pronounced tur-ek). For the sake of those interested in the Touareg, I sincerely hope so!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Motor Trend on Tuareg

According to the March edition of Motor Trend, the VW suv is billed as an '04 and it will be called Tuareg. It's estimated launch date is Mid-2003. It's to be a "Five-seat mid-size SUV developed with Porsche, targets Mercedes M-Class."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Wouldn't be the first time...

GCK said:
I am quite certain that this is just to mislead the competetion. Who in the right mind would design and/or buy this kind of wierd looking automobile.
I think manufacturers USUALLY allow/promote pictures of "new an/or prototype" pictures of vehicels that highlight the least flattering aspects.

I think sometimes they even go so far as to take the "ugly duck" prototype on the autoshow circuit so that the when production starts folks say "Hey that is kinda based of that 'concept' that I though I hated".

I suspect VW is going to have something that may be very competive to the MDX in overall lenght & height, somewhat more narrow...probably initial power will be a 6 cylinder variant with less juice than MDX -- fewer creature comforts too (give VW's usually skimpy interiors...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
There are some concept cars that look great right already, but I agree that this one needs some toning down, especially in the back. However, it would be pretty neat driving down the road with this full get-up:



BTW, I think that if VW wants to make a lot of sales in North America, they should find a better name than "Tuareg."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
VW Aztek???

I like to watch it and say WOW for a couple minutes. I like to look at it but I won't pay for one.

:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Re: Wouldn't be the first time...

renov8r said:

I think manufacturers USUALLY allow/promote pictures of "new an/or prototype" pictures of vehicels that highlight the least flattering aspects.

I think sometimes they even go so far as to take the "ugly duck" prototype on the autoshow circuit so that the when production starts folks say "Hey that is kinda based of that 'concept' that I though I hated".
I agree--plus I think they do it too to keep their competitors guessing. I'm sure they have something more mainstream-looking in the works, but they certainly aren't going to spill all the beans before it goes into production.

You can definitely see the suv/wagon mix (more than the Audi Allroad), and overall (at certain angles) it doesn't really look that "wild" when you compare it other vehicles available now. (My apologies to Ghost ;).)

 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top