Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The issue I have come across on my brothers 03 mdx is that I have swapped out the sensor and did a fluid service. The light turned off temporarily but switched back on within an hour of driving (30 miles around town intermittently). When I put the screws back on nothing leaked and I secured the sensor plug without breaking the fastener so it shouldn’t be the plug itself. I used Honda genuine fluid and the Oem sensor. Should I check fuses or follow the wiring harness? Also, could another part aside from the sensor cause the light? It’s got just over 100k miles and the fluid looked to be recently serviced before he bought it, as a small amount of metal shavings were in the fluid. Could the differential possibly be worn out? I never pulled the differential cover to see it internally. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is the VTM4 light only on, or also the check engine light?

If only the VTM4 light, there are several things that can turn the light on. For example one of the electromagnetic clutches could have a short. You should get the actual VTM code read by a shop with a Honda Diagnostic System. You can also buy a knockoff on Alibaba for around $130.

You also may be able to short the 4 & 9 pins together on the OBD port and read the flash codes of the VTM4 light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts