21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Total cost is $12.83???

N_Jay said:
How much was the fluid???
Seems way cheap!

Remember, my cousin works for Honda Parts Dept. So I most likely got the fluid at their cost.

As a matter of fact, 2-3 weeks ago my driver side mirror got stolen. I ordered the "MDX" specific mirror (just the mirror) from Tim thinking that's all i needed. I found out that I also needed another piece that the mirror attaches to. Lucky for me (when I called my cousin), he just replaced (through warranty) HIS 2002 Odyssey driver side mirror because of some rattling noise. He was about to throw out the damaged side mirror assembly when I said "hold it I'm coming down and want to see if the piece that I needed is the same as the Odessey". Sure enough it was, saved me another $50.:2:

Same thief (I think) stole my antenna. Knew that the S2000 had the same one, called him, cost me $12 & change.

Lil' connection. That's all...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Lucky you~~ It costs me $20 to get the fluid from the dealer. :I

·
Registered
31 Posts
BTW, did any of you DIYs lower the spare first??? It looks like you would have a lot more room for rachet access, especially for the fill hole???

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
MG Pilot said:
BTW, did any of you DIYs lower the spare first??? It looks like you would have a lot more room for rachet access, especially for the fill hole???
Yes, I did lower my spare to access differential plugs. Short extension (3") between the torque wrench and the plug did not quite reach the plug because of the brace around the differential. Longer (6") extension reached fine but interfered with the spare, so I lowered it.

Tip: This is also a good time to check the tire pressure in the spare.

·
Registered
747 Posts
mgmdx said:

Yes, I did lower my spare to access differential plugs. Short extension (3") between the torque wrench and the plug did not quite reach the plug because of the brace around the differential. Longer (6") extension reached fine but interfered with the spare, so I lowered it.

Tip: This is also a good time to check the tire pressure in the spare.
Great tip, MG...I'm about to do the service, so great tip!

Thanks!
Rob:31:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
MG Pilot said:
Didn't bother. Correct extension lenght and it's fine.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just let the Acura dealer do it when I had my trailer hitch put on. They charged $49.50 for the fluid & labor (for the VTM part). I'll prob. do it myself when doing oil changes in the future. It doesn't look tough, now that I've looked at it. :rolleyes:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts