Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I'm on the highway and stomp on it, I could swear it never has a negative impact on fuel mileage. RPM's shoot up to 5K or so and I never notice any drop on the fuel mileage screen. If anything it usually shows higher. Can this be so? Every other vehicle I've owned drops dramatically when floored, but I've never owned another VTEC vehicle.

I would assume if I floored it from a standing start it would drain pretty quick, but on the highway it seems otherwise.

Is the VTEC system that much different? Or am I just losing it when I get excited from the sudden rush of power?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I don't know if the nav screen shows instantaneous mileage like the non-nav screen does. The non-nav instantaneous display drops to 5 mpg (or maybe even to 0) when you stomp on it. The computed mileage for the trip isn't affected much unless the trip computer was reset within the last 20 miles or so.

That "sudden rush" is great, isn't it?:D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Fuel Mileage & Stompin' On It

The Nav model has a dispaly with both an instantaneous MPG "electronic gague" and a digital display of average MPG. The instantaneous display definately reacts to stompin' on it as suggested by frostyra. VTEC or no VTEC, the milage on any vehicle is going to drop when you push that pedal to the metal. accmdx must be looking at the average MPG display ....

Sure is fun!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
srpbep
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing