Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these these error message after finishing suspension overhaul.
Anyone has seen this before I did some searching and it related to the solenoid.
Where is the solenoid located, is it on the transmission body or somewhere else.

1. Transmission system P0974 = Open in shift solenoid A circuit. (is this a plug n play swap solenoid?)
2. Transmission system P0983 = Open in shift solenoid D circuit. (is this a plug n play swap solenoid?)
3. Is the VSA part of the error or is something different and how you do you go about to diagnose the VSA.
4. Where is the VSA module location.

The (D) in the MIL does not flash as I remember and the car drive without hesitation.
The brake is stopping good no drag what so ever.
Accelerate is also normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
What kind of suspension overhaul was done?
Were any electrical connectors disconnected during the suspension work?
Do you have electronic struts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of suspension overhaul was done?
Were any electrical connectors disconnected during the suspension work?
Do you have electronic struts?
No electrical disconnect not even battery.
Regular struts not electronic struts
Front end Suspension = Struts, inner tie rod, outer tie rod, LCA, ball joint.
Rear= Rear Shocks.

When I was working on the MDX front end I did apply the eParking break that is the only thing that I did.
Yesterday I jack the rear end and spin the rear wheel and it is spinning freely. I also inspect the wheel sensor and everything is intact.
The VSA only come on when you drive about 50yard and it goes off when you turn the car off then repeat itself.
Hope this will help.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Many years ago I was working on acura after accident, had to replace control arm, tie rod....after work was done, had VSA light on. So i took it to alignment place, when they did it alignment vsa light cleared by it self...
Question is, was the alignment made on your MDX?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many years ago I was working on acura after accident, had to replace control arm, tie rod....after work was done, had VSA light on. So i took it to alignment place, when they did it alignment vsa light cleared by it self...
Question is, was the alignment made on your MDX?
Thx. dzionassi,
I getting the alignment done this weekend and will let you know. I have a feeling that you are correct I can't think of anything else that trigger the VSA.
Any thought on where the location of the transmission solenoids.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm running into something similar. I actually already posted here in a different thread about my issue and experience converting from ADS (Active Dampening System) shocks to regular spring shocks. I did the following:

• replaced rear shocks and added resistors to remove ADS message since I switched from ADS to regular shocks. drove the car for a couple weeks and the ADS message went away within a couple days
  • replaced front struts, stabilizer links, outer tie rod ends and added resistors to try to keep the ADS message from turning on again. ADS lights came on and stayed on.
  • got an alignment, during the alignment the VSA light came on, now the VSA light turns on every time I drive the car along with the ADS lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts