Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 has stopped recognizing my voice when I ask the system to call someone. It recognizes “Phone Call”, but when I request a specific person, the options offered aren’t even close. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how was it resolved?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The voice commands on the mdx blow. They've never really fixed it either. These days, on my Android phone, i use Google Assistant to call people instead.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Glad to see that Acura used all the customer feed back that we all gave them starting back with the 2014 that the voice recognition blows the big one and they used all that feedback to improve their future models just like they promised!

The VR was useless since 2014. No improvement? I'm shocked!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
On the flip side, I've had it (2014 MDX) randomly call someone when I asked for the nearest motel and the like - which makes no sense at all.

The VR isn't very good on the vehicle and changes/improvements seem to be slow in coming. At least the 2018 MDX has a quite different infotainment with the Carplay/Auto system. I hope it's better.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hahaha yeah when i ask it to call someone, it usually tries to navigate somewhere. I'm not sure what language Acura programmed the stupid system for.

I've brought it up before to the dealer and they just say this is normal because all mdxes act this way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I just use Siri eyes-free... Long-press on the voice command button then tell Siri to call whoever you want. Works much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. The system won't recognize basic voice commands for the phone, such as "call work" (where "work" is one of my speed dials with that voice tag assigned to it). Also, it won't record certain voice tags because the system thinks it sounds too much like others that are already stored (the only tags I currently have assigned are "henry" "mom" and "work" and the system won't allow me to store "home"...not sure how that sounds anything like the ones already stored). This is very frustrating!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts