Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 MDX has a 4606 Viper Remote Start system that was installed at a well known Richmond Virginia Audio company. It has failed multiple times. They have no idea what the problem is and I just want a solution. They have suggested replacing it all with a Code Alarm CA5054 system but I am concerned that system will have the same problem. What can I do to have a working keyless entry and remote start system in my 06 MDX that will not constantly fail.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the vehicle will turn over, but not start I'd say it's in the security transponder. I had a 2000 Ford Ranger that has a different system, but I had to place a working transponder key inside the main unit and run a wire up to the ignition switch where the key went. The unit made it look like I had a proper key in the ignition. Might be a problem there. If not, I wouldn't know off hand. Sorry. :-(

·
Registered
73 Posts
I currently have a codealarm system, I don't like it because the fob doesn't work well, and I'm thinking about getting a new compustar system, I work at Best Buy and was advised not to get a viper system, I have no clue what could be wrong with it but I'd go to another place and get a fresh set of eyes on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts