Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea--for all those like me who are anxiously awaiting their MDX, let's post the production number from the VIN and track the anticipated delivery dates in various states--sound like fun? (hey, we won't be MDX-less for long)...

I am number 3584--destined for Austin, Texas!

2002 MDX Tafetta white, touring, navi. (no accessories will be ordered until she's safe and sound in my garage...). I've been on the waitlist since March '02.

Expecting to take delivery sometime next week. Last week Acura had lost track of my vehicle in Louisiana and now the report shows "in transit."

·
Registered
446 Posts
2806, in transit to NYC.. shipped 11/19.. expecting this week..

SS, Touring + Navi

---

What's the best way track its current location?

·
Registered
76 Posts
#3940, built 11/22; expected in NJ by the weekend? Or hopefully early next week....

Yay!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
nanisworld said:
#3940, built 11/22; expected in NJ by the weekend? Or hopefully early next week....

Yay!!!!
What was your SHIPPED date? I am trying to estimate delivery of my vehicle..

·
Registered
30 Posts
genemish

based on an 11/19 and given that you are northern, no later than 11/29. all the other posts are right at 10 days with a variance of 1 day. my salesman said that the prep time is only 2-4 hours; let's call it 1 day.

my redrock base is #3446 built on 11/20.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: genemish

RedRock said:
based on an 11/19 and given that you are northern, no later than 11/29. all the other posts are right at 10 days with a variance of 1 day. my salesman said that the prep time is only 2-4 hours; let's call it 1 day.

my redrock base is #3446 built on 11/20.
RedRock - thanks for the info.. what's the transportation method? I remember hearing about bnsf.com - but I know that they no longer allow VIN Tracing.. and another dealer said that some cars are trucked to Tristate Area.. In any case, I hope thanksgiving doesn't affect my delivery, as I want to do in November..

·
Registered
30 Posts
$%#%$ holidays!!!

they're great because you get a 4-day weekend, but this year is way different. we're expecting our baby delivered by stack-truck and forgot about a holiday delay.:mad: :mad: do they celebrate thanksgiving in canada? if not, there might not be a delay.

we really want our mdx. hopefully lovingly built on 11/20.:D

·
Registered
446 Posts
no, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving up in Canada.. but, the car comes by US Freight service (I believe).. and I am sure it was 1 day-off .. and Friday was back to business..

I am dying to see my car this week..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man, are we going nuts or what?????

I wish there was a way to "track" your vehicle as well.

I don't know what is worse, the waiting, waiting, waiting, or knowing that it will be here shortly!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
no, we are not going nuts.. we are way past that point..

actually, there WAS a way to trace by VIN on bnsf.com (railroad system).. but after 9/11, Honda American has asked them to close down this feauture..

DAMN!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
VIN# list, anyone?

Hey, A4L and The Worm:

Maybe this is WAY too anal-retentive, but it might be fun/interesting to create a one-page view of all the members' 5-digit VIN #s, colors, member names and locations (if available) to create a sort of family tree of MDXs across North America--kind of a spreadsheet sorted by VIN#.

Hey, it ain't "Roots" and may not be worth the time (or even be technologically possible on this site), but then again, there seems to be some interest in comparing #s on this thread.

Just a thought.

- ablank

·
Registered
312 Posts
2Plex - if you've been waiting since March, your dealer hasn't been taking very good care of you. My white MDX was ordered in July and already has 1500 miles on it.

My vin ends in 1662.

·
Registered
446 Posts
well, getting an MDX depends on location and dealer.. I could've driven one of the lot on July 2nd - surely for $3000 over MSRP..

·
Registered
312 Posts
I could have driven a green one off the lot in July at MSRP, but I waited to pay MSRP for a white 02 instead. No forced options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Worthy of the Wait

I'm okay with the wait--it gives me time to learn more about the MDX from all you guys :p Thanks to y'all, I know about the the dreaded "Thud," weeping mirror, and other peculiarities--

Plus, it gives me time to save up so that I can splurge on accessories!! And hopefully give Acura some time to work out some more bugs in the new production line...

My turn will be here before I know it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts