Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I have a 2014 MDX, NAVI model and don't like Acura's navigation system. I don't know if it's poor traffic coverage or what but I find that the ETA is extremely inaccurate. And I have rerouting turned on. Second of all, the system does not speak the names of streets. I called Acura and this is actually brilliantly done on purpose in Canada since the country is bilingual, and they didn't want to work on creating the system for French names so they disabled it for everyone. Interestingly, when you change your units from km to miles, the system speaks the names of streets, however we don't use miles in Canada so that's kind of useless. Finally, there are many changes on the roads and they are asking almost $200 per year for the map upgrade, when you can get up to date maps on your phone for free. I think all of these make Acura navigation a poor choice.

I am looking for a way to have my iPhone screen displayed through the NAVI screen so that I can use my phone's navigation system. Is there a way to have that done currently?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Not easily. You would need to rig your own carputer system into the MDX, but good luck on the warranty for that system after that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts