Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 MDX that I have owned for 2 1/2 years. Lately, I have been feeling a distinct vibration under my arm on the center console. The vibration is intermittent and feels like some sort of electric motor running on and off and it is not a rattle. Any ideas on what it might be? Thanks for any input that you can provide.

Cheers,
Chuck

·
Registered
129 Posts
I noticed the same thing. It's annoying. Engine makes flutter sound, but that I believe is normal based on the other MDX's I've heard. But as for the vibration, I Never had that on my 2001 MDX, it was smooth as could be. But my 2014, I feel vibration on the elbow rest/center console when I am idling or come to a complete stop.

I bought my 2014 mdx 2 months ago and its been great aside from that vibration and the side mirrors getting stuck and clicking when shifting to park (I noticed it does this when its very cold, below freezing)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I brought my 2014 X to the dealer today and they said the vibration was caused by a bad front motor mount.

Its only got 16k miles on it. Crazy. At least its under warranty tho. Hopefully no other issues (cross fingers, knocks on wood)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I brought my 2014 X to the dealer today and they said the vibration was caused by a bad front motor mount.

Its only got 16k miles on it. Crazy. At least its under warranty tho. Hopefully no other issues (cross fingers, knocks on wood)
which engine mount exactly? the front, left or right side?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts