Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,
I feel few vibration patterns on my 2015 Mdx tech. I can feel medium intensity of vibration on upper part of centre console ( when I rest my hand/elbow on it)
Another slight vibration in steering but turning off the AC/fan stops the vibration.
The third one is most annoying I feel a buzzing pattern on floor near the break/ acc pedal. It feels like engine need an upshift even in top gear, rpm is always around 1500-1800 in 6th gear.

I'm not sure if anyone else facing same issue with these vibrations.

While idling if I switch the transmission to N the vibration dies down.

I also switch between fuels from 87 and 91 to see if higher octane could make any difference to the vibration I'm feeling near gas pedal but its doesn't seem to make any difference.
Dealership couldn't find anything wrong with the Vehicle.

Suggestions and fixes are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you searched the site for VCM vibration?

My 14 had similar issues
It apparently does not have a fix.
there are so many vibration issues I have read about in all acura models. Everyone have a different set of issues with vibrations. I guess Acura cant address these complaints.Even if they could then its not worth it to get it done if you are out of warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
882 Posts
Check the TSBs if there is any for your issue.

Reactions: anii

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
882 Posts
Hi, thanks for the info. Actually I'm a newbie. Where can I find TSB?

Here you go!

Reactions: anii

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
312 Posts
Before you spend a lot of money on it, see if you can give one of VCM suppressor a try or ask the dealer if they can disable it and drive to see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you spend a lot of money on it, see if you can give one of VCM suppressor a try or ask the dealer if they can disable it and drive to see if the problem persists.
Sure, thanks for the information. Appreciate that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts