Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am new the the forum and searched briefly to see if I could find a thread related to vibration at hwy speeds with my 2010 MDX tech. I just bought it a week ago with 48k on it, one owner with all scheduled maintenance. Curious if yall have had any issues with the same and/or have heard about potential fixes or things people have done that have NOT fixed the issue... I am really hoping to rule out anything either major or permanent here since only having it for a week so far. Dealership is my next stop but I thought I'd bounce it off of some ppl on here first. thanks for any help!!

(mainly when on the accelerator I will add)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Go through the standard procedures:

1.- Balance tires
2.- Alignment

Next, if that doesn't work:

1.- Check for worned steering components
2.- If tires are worned, then new tires and balance and align

If the latter does not work:

1.- Rotors may be warped and unbalancing the wheel assembly, (often issue in the hard to fix cases)

In the case your tires balancing does not last long:
1.- Your tires wear differently in the front and on the back
2.- If you rotate tires and balance them, once the tires wear back to the front and/or rear typical wear, then the balancing will be off
3.- Many people don't rotate tires because of this issue and in many countries they don't rotate tires.

In my case, my final fix that made my MDX brake smoothly and removed all vibrations at all speeds, was to change the brake rotors ($100.00 for both (parts) and easy to change). I don't rotate tires any more, at least on my MDX. I just change tires early when they are almost wearing out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts