·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wonder where this would place the console in relation to the sunroof (looks like a pretty big unit) say as compared to yours MDXSTROUS? I wonder how close to the eyes of the second row viewing would be? But neat and tidy none the less...didn't catch the manufacturer's name...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curtsan said:
I wonder where this would place the console in relation to the sunroof (looks like a pretty big unit) say as compared to yours MDXSTROUS? I wonder how close to the eyes of the second row viewing would be? But neat and tidy none the less...didn't catch the manufacturer's name...
Actually, I think the position of the screen is similar to all other flip downs. How close it will be to the sunroof, it depends on the installation. But, I think it's decent distance. I'm just not sure how suitable this is for parents with kids. I think the setup will have to be done ahead of time. The good thing about installing the player under the front driver seat is access by the driver to the player. But I think if the kids are old enough, they can control the player themselves.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't know but every one of their consoles except the Durango says no sunroof. Looks lit it mounts far foward to allow for second row viewing. Doubt it would work with the MDX.

Chris

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't see that;) At first glance, it looked like the screen was far enough back though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
MDXtrous Video Project

MDXtrous: Oh, bummer. Now you'll want to remove your TView FDRM 7002 and replace it with this unit. :)

Thanks BTW for the great info on your install. I had no luck with the link to Acura-ti for replacement Video to RGB Decoder to replace the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 that has been discontinued. I have an email into Pioneer asking them if they have a replacement, but I'm not optimistic that they do.

Finally, I decided to make a summary report of your adventurous video project, by including most of the email traffic and most of the pictures in one document. I can post it on the site (it's an 18 page Word document) in case anyone's intersted.

It beats printing out the numerous pages regarding your project from the site.

All the best, CC Rider
Sandia Park, NM

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: MDXtrous Video Project

ccrider1942 said:
MDXtrous: Oh, bummer. Now you'll want to remove your TView FDRM 7002 and replace it with this unit. :)

Thanks BTW for the great info on your install. I had no luck with the link to Acura-ti for replacement Video to RGB Decoder to replace the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 that has been discontinued. I have an email into Pioneer asking them if they have a replacement, but I'm not optimistic that they do.

Finally, I decided to make a summary report of your adventurous video project, by including most of the email traffic and most of the pictures in one document. I can post it on the site (it's an 18 page Word document) in case anyone's intersted.

It beats printing out the numerous pages regarding your project from the site.

All the best, CC Rider
Sandia Park, NM
CC Rider,

No, no, no, my wife wouldn't be too happy if I decided to do anything else on the car;) Actually I prefer the DVD player sitting under the front passenger seat. With an eject button on the remote, it's pretty easy to switch out the DVDs while driving.

If your having problems with the acura-tl.com link, just do a search on that site for AVC-RGB1 and you should be able to find the replacement link.

It's very flattering of you to put together the document. I wouldn't mind it if you posted it, and it would be neat to see a copy of it. My e-mail is [email protected] if you'd like to send it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts