Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came in today and I think it complements the vehicle very nicely. Took around 10min to install all 4. Now all I need is the rear deflector. BTW, Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Sidewinder,
Not too bad looking. What were your impressions on the quality of the ventshades? Do they seem sturdy or flimsy?

Do you think that they will break easily if someone accidently bumps them?

Any feedback will be appreciated as these seem like something we could use.

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
BTW, what % is your front tint? Does Florida really allow tint that dark on the front windows, or are you just a rebel?

I like the shades. How easily did they go on? Is there any way to get a scan of the installation document?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The Infamous NOISE Question?

Do the ventshades add any additional windnoise to the car? What are your impressions pre- vrs post-ventshade wind noise?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sidewinder: AWESOME BRO !!!!
I love em' !!!!

I want to tint the front 2 windows on my MDX too. Not legal in NJ, but I'm a rebel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shades are made of flexible material but its very sturdy once its applied to the window frame. There is a two sided adhesive tape already on the shade and all you do is peel the tape, align to the window frame then press. As far as wind noise, I haven't noticed any difference around 50mph with the shades but haven't had chance to drive at highway speeds yet. My guess is it should be no different than the moonroof visor and I've seen some posts claim that MRV actually decreases wind noise(I haven't noticed either way). BTW, the front tint is 35% which is the legal limit in FL. It actually looks darker on the photos due to the reflection.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cost?

Hey sidewinder do you happen to know how much those ventshades cost? I would like to get some. Those look awsome. Also I would like to tint my front windows too, but very illegal here in Illinois. Oh well.
lmeans

·
Registered
928 Posts
Question ?

sidewinder said:
The shades are made of flexible material but its very sturdy once its applied to the window frame. There is a two sided adhesive tape already on the shade and all you do is peel the tape, align to the window frame then press. As far as wind noise, I haven't noticed any difference around 50mph with the shades but haven't had chance to drive at highway speeds yet. My guess is it should be no different than the moonroof visor and I've seen some posts claim that MRV actually decreases wind noise(I haven't noticed either way). BTW, the front tint is 35% which is the legal limit in FL. It actually looks darker on the photos due to the reflection.
I'm thinking since it is illegal anyway...going 25%. I want the 2 front windows to match the back perfect.

Sidewinder: Which (%) do you think would match the back perfect ? Anyone ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
tinted windows

A4L--

I had the back windows tinted and I had limousine. I can tell you these are lighter than that, but I'm not sure how much. Probably a couple shades.

I know I'm so much help. :rolleyes:

lmeans

·
Registered
71 Posts
I presume all the MDX's come tinted the same. The rear side windows and the back window are very dark. You can not easily see through them. I do not like untinted windows so I put medium on the side fronts and they look great. If you get any kind of a ticket in So. Cal. and the front windows are real dark you will have to have the tint removed. That means two trips to the tint shop - 1. to get the tint removed and 2. to get the tint replaced after the ticket is signed off.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ventshade

I called Tim at Honda/Acura World today and ordered my ventshades. I can't wait to get them and put them on. Thanks Tim for helping me out. I'll take a picture when they are put on.:D
lmeans

·
Registered
928 Posts
The Moderator's VENT SHADES !!!!

I just got off the phone with my fellow Moderator Tim @ hondacuraworld!!

I ordered the Vent Shades (Visors).

I am also having the 2 front windows professionally tinted on my MDX this Saturday. NICE !!!!

Can't wait to see my NEW baby!
I'll be turnin' heads at will.."

Yeah!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sidewinder,

You've now had these for almost a month, so what are you impressions after some use. Any added wind noise, does it keep the rain out, etc...

Thanks,

AtlantaMDX

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm curious too ?!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Me three?

How do they protect in the rain?

Any added wind noise?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From day to day driving, I haven't noticed any added wind noise from them. Will be going on a 500mi trip tomorrow and this will be a good test. Now I crack open all 4 windows when parking and it does keep the car cooler in the Florida heat. No rain yet as the drought continues so good for the MDX but terrible for my lawn.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Forget PEP BOYS, go with TIM

Pep Boys told me they didn't know when they would come in...ordered approx. two weeks ago. Getting hot here in Georgia so I called Tim...took no more than 3 minutes and he will ship them today.
ACURA4Life is right...go with Tim for accessories.

Hope they are easy to install.

What a dope I was trying to deal with PEP Boys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts