Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having what I assume is an electrical problem with my 2007 mdx. Started with just the battery dying if it sat for more than two days. replaced the battery to no avail. Recently it has actually STOPPED RUNNING AND TURNED OFF. I had done some research that said there was issues with the blue tooth in the 07/08 models so we disconnected. Haven't had to jump, but npeople the car has started shutting off. Radio/dash/in-dash gps all go blank and engine shuts off. Happened twice at a stop sign and once getting on the highway. The check engine light doesn't illuminate, nothing does. Disable the power steering, and even hazard lights. I have 4 kids and another on the way and this is because a death trap!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Becoming a death trap. Also, not sure if it's related but the passenger side heated seat doesn't work at the air conditioner doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Your problems can be solved with a little part called a relay for about $25.

There is a relay that allows power to flow to the clutch of the A/C compressor that is the culprit here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What if AC is ok, but auto still shuts down?

There is a relay that allows power to flow to the clutch of the A/C compressor that is the culprit here.
My 2009 Acura has the same issue. Will the relay take care of it even if the A/C is fine?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi - More insight into what and where to find the relay would be appreciated! My car is acting up, stalled on the highway the other day and gps and radio won't stop turning on and off. Care less about that and more about the safety concerns of the car shutting off. Have a child and my wife refuses to drive the car - can't blame her.

Thank You

1 - 5 of 5 Posts