Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All-

Randomly when unlocking the door with a programmed remote, the drivers side mirror gets all out of whack. Usually it will go as far to the left as it can and pop pop pop a few times as if its at the end of its movement. Using the switch on the door, I can adjust the mirror again without issue and it will save the setting at work a few times before going back to apparently forgetting its programmed position.

Before I replace the mirror, is there some sort of controller that handles memory operation for the mirror? The passenger side mirror works fine in reverse (points down) and goes back up normally when vehicle is put into drive. The power drivers seat also finds its position normally.

At times, I do notice the LED on the memory seat panel is stuck green and other times..its not illuminated at all.

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lol. Same problem here, but it's the passenger mirror that does it. Everything you've described, is exactly what I experience, right down to the green light sometimes on and sometimes not. Haven't found a cure yet, and don't want to drop $$ on a new mirror only to find out that's not the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your situation doesn't sound like mine, but I wonder if my solution would work for you? My problem was that my mirrors were not going to their preset position when switching drivers. The final straw was when this (actually my failure to check my mirrors before starting the car, but I prefer to blame the car) almost caused me to hit another car on the Interstate who was in my blindspot (I always have my mirrors set to eliminate 99.9% of my blindspots)

So I googled, and found this procedure on a TL thread. Low and behold, it worked on my MDX. I am not sure why, because I had full movement of the mirror, it just wasn't going to the memory position. But I didn't have any of the "pop pop pop" issues. Worth a try though IMHO:

---copied from a TL forum---
The memory pins behind the mirror are likely disengaged.

Reengage the memory pins like this:
With your hands, push the driver’s mirror to its full-in, full-down position.
Push the passenger’s mirror to its full-out, full-down position.

Info is from the June and July 2000 Acura Service News pertaining to the 2001 CL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts