Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. I am new and the proud new owner of a 2008 MDX. I have a lot of reading to do in this group, but a quick search didn't provide anything related to a specific problem I've encountered in trying to replace the busted driver side mirror. After a lot of searching the range from "very cheap" to "OEM," I split the difference and got what appeared to be an exact replacement. I got the door taken apart and the old mirror removed and then realized that the bolt pattern on the replacement didn't line up with the holes in my door. Instantly frustrated, I forgot to snap a pic of the layout before I put the door back together.

I returned the part with no problem, but now I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the power lift gate, which I have, and saw that most of the after-market parts I was looking at specified "not for models with power lift gate." In continuing to search online for the right parts, very few of them offer a detailed or even legible part diagram or photo of the mounting side. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, where did you find a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for welcoming me to the group.

-LBJ

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There are no different bolt patterns for side mirrors for all second gen MDX regardless of the trim, even for big mirrors for Chinese market cars.

Not sure why there would be even for aftermarket ones. You must have gotten a part for the wrong car.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What colour is your MDX? I have a used black driver mirror from the set I took off to install the Chinese big power folding mirrors. I can send it to you for free if the shipping is acceptable to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What colour is your MDX? I have a used black driver mirror from the set I took off to install the Chinese big power folding mirrors. I can send it to you for free if the shipping is acceptable to you.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. And to AcuraAddicted, it's black.

Just to clarify and hopefully save some time/confusion, I just took the door apart again and snapped these photos, so hopefully this helps explain things. I have the tech package (no DVD) and power liftgate. Nearly every listing for a replacement mirror specifically states something along the lines of "for models without power liftgate." As mentioned, the last replacement mirror I ordered (a "Kool Vue" from carparts.com) didn't line up properly, and after browsing dozens of other brands/sites, when there is a pic of the mounting side included, the bolt arrangement more resembles a proper "right triangle." On mine, the bottom right bolt (bottom left hole on door mount) appears to be much lower, so the replacement I got didn't fit.

All in all, I'm just trying to avoid ordering more mirrors and sending them back. I suppose there's a slight chance they sent me the wrong part, but I'll let y'all take a look and weigh in. Thanks again.

- LBJ

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Once again, bolt patterns do not differ based on trim level, existence or absence of liftgates and anything else. If you got the part that doesn't fit, it means that's either a part for a different car, or it's made incorrectly.

Here's your part number: 76250-STX-A02ZG. It fits all trims. There is no different bolt pattern for either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're looking for a genuine side mirrors, I ended up getting a new Genuine acura part off eBay for $35+ Shipping off eBay. I watched one of these listings and he sent an offer. I have purchased from him before!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
buy directly from acura or a used OEM, aftermarket mirrors are crap and will let in wind noise. Acura can sometimes change products slightly, On my 2004 TL, I had to enlarge the holes slightly as the new mirror in 2010 (from acura, for a 2004 TL) I ordered had slightly bigger screws and came with nuts. A step drill and some touchup took care of it in 1 minute.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I hope you enjoy your car :)
Well I ordered another mirror from the same place and the correct one arrived this time. Such a relief. Now I can move on to some of the other projects like replacing some blown speakers and the upholstery on the middle arm rest. Thanks everyone for your help, but especially AcuraAddicted. I'm also a fan of your videos, fyi.

-LBJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts