Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Valley Stream Acura and they quoted me $3000 over MSRP. When I said that they were crazy, there response was thats what market conditions are allowing. Acura needs to understand that when the MDX sales slow down customers will remember what they did to them. I hope this message gets past to as many potential customers as possible to show Acura that WE DO CARE!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also went to my "local" acura dealer (i.e. valley stream). What a bunch of @#$%#$%. I wound up just over the GW bridge at Ramsey Acura. They were pretty nice and got me a truck in 2.5 months. They did get me a little on my trade in, however, MSRP with no forced options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait for the day when Valley Stream Acura's lot is full and they are begging customers to buy from them. I'll have a sign made up that reads" Remember when you screwed your customers".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I call them on 7/24/2001, and ask if they have any in stock. The salesperson respond was "We got two, but they're already sold... <a lot of b/s>... You need to give us a credit card over the phone to secured your order right the way.... <more b/s>... Price is $39k for standard package… “ When I told him that’s $3000 above MSRP. He said “You’re not going to get it anywhere for another six months. If you want the truck, that’s the price”. I ask if I could come in take a look the vehicle over the weekend. He told me he couldn’t even show me the vehicle, unless I give him a credit card deposit first.

What a phreaking arrogant ass*ole!!

:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry Island Acura will get there's. Pay backs are a *****. Keep passing messages about there service to as many people as you know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'll be buying the X later this year. I live in New Hyde Park, so VS is closest.

Since everyone here says they suck ass, does anyone have any good recommendations?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Actually there is not really many good dealers out in the Island. Rallye, Island, VS, all are of about the same attitude and price. I heard Smithtown Acura is okay but that is alittle bit far. I know for sure that Rallye is charging over MSRP. Read my post on Rallye in the your experience section.

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
jpod15 said:
Just got off the phone with Valley Stream Acura and they quoted me $3000 over MSRP. When I said that they were crazy, there response was thats what market conditions are allowing. Acura needs to understand that when the MDX sales slow down customers will remember what they did to them. I hope this message gets past to as many potential customers as possible to show Acura that WE DO CARE!!!!
Another dirt bag dealer! Try Westchester Acura, they sold me mine at list, and did not make me take any forced options.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I got mine from Heart Acura, near Poughkeepsie

·
Registered
61 Posts
I originally ordered mine from Bayshore which is where I bought my 01 TL. No complaints and no over sticker or being pressured into buying accessories at all.

However, I got a great deal in record time from Devan Acura so I cancelled my previous order and picked up my X a week ago. Not a bad ride on the ferry from Port Jeff to Norwalk CT and again no pressure. Also got good value for my TL in mint condition.

I agree though..paying over sticker is crazy and Ralley and Island wanted it so I went somehere else. I work only 10 minutes from Smithtown and prefer Bayshore over them.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
E-mail them. . . tell them you know everything about the X and that you simply want to know their price and no forced options are required.

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
zubinh said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

How would you suggest I start off?

E mail the internet manager for a quote?

Call them on the phone?

Or visit in person?

THANKS AGAIN
[email protected]
Call Gary Mihaley of Acura of Westchester at 914-834-2222 and tell him Rich referred you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
zubinh, try Heart Acura like laborlitigator and I did. Got mine relatively quickly and with no forced options and no over-MSRP gouging. A great dealership that deserves your business. Check out their "dealer rating" but clicking the box at the top of this page. I can still remember the 80s when new Honda's were oh-so-hot and in demand. Even back then, many dealers were charging $2000 or more over MSRP for the most desirable models. Decades later, I still won't do business with those dealers and won't let my friends buy from them either (I'm the go-to "car guy" in my circle of friends). Dealers are free to charge whatever they want, and we're all free to badmouth them to everybody and boycott them for the next 50 years. Ain't that America?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Will definitely give Heart Acura a call. Since I'll be buying in November, I'll look to place my order for an 04 late august early september.

Who knows maybe by then Acura may be humbled a bit by Murano, XC90, and RX330 and actually give me less than MSRP. We'll see...

[email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts