Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I recall - according to the manual you connect red to positive and black to bare metal but those jump packs always have really short wires.

You have to see what works - the negative battery terminal will work but it’s a bit of a hassle to get to. Totally doable without tools.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recall - according to the manual you connect red to positive and black to bare metal but those jump packs always have really short wires.

You have to see what works - the negative battery terminal will work but it’s a bit of a hassle to get to. Totally doable without tools.
I am just confusing, last time the battery was dead, Geico came over with a Stanley portable jump starter, and he connected the negative cable to the bare metal, it worked. But according to most of the videos online, they connect the negative cable to the negative terminal due to the length of the cable, I am just wondering if both ways work.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am just confusing, last time the battery was dead, Geico came over with a Stanley portable jump starter, and he connected the negative cable to the bare metal, it worked. But according to most of the videos online, they connect the negative cable to the negative terminal due to the length of the cable, I am just wondering if both ways work.
Both ways should work. Ultimately you need power to the positive and the ground connected to any solid ground source. I typically use the negative terminal unless it is in a tough spot or otherwise hard to get a good connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts