Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Advance with RES.
Software Ver 7.00.2301 (update June 06, 2018)
Navigation Database ver ST006.05.01 (update June 06, 2018)

I am at my wit's end trying to understand how the front and rear audio systems work. The manual is useless. Is there another source out there that I can use to understand how the darn thing is supposed to work?

Questions/issues i have:

1. What does 'Rear speaker On/Off" mean?
2. How can I set the RES so that my kid can watch movies on the DVD and I can listen to the radio in the front at the same time?
3. How can I do 2) above while still being able to see and use the navigation on the top screen?
4. What does Rear off mean? It seems I can still play the DVD while the rear is off and then I hear the sound through the front speaker? I am really confused.
5. I got into a mode where the sound from the front audio was really 'tin canny' and I fixed it by turning the rear speaker off. Have never been able to get into that state again after turning rear on. Really confused.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You turn the rear speakers off when the front passengers are listening to something different than the rear passengers. In this case, the rear passengers will have their headphones on and will hear whatever is playing on the screen. So you can listen to a CD while the kids in back are watching a movie without hearing the CD music coming from the rear speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.