Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pre-owned 2005 MDX touring with Navigation. It did not come with a nav disk. Seller suggested I get a used one from ebay. When I called Acura navigation customer service number, they said I nee to buy a new disk because it is specific to the serial number of my DVD drive. FIrst, that sounds like BS because why would people be selling used disks? Second, when I told the customer support guy it was for a 2005 MDX he said "MDX...that's an Infinity, right?" So I don't have the most faith he knows what he is saying, or that he even works for Acura. Anyone know for certain if I need to buy a factory fresh disk? Keep in mind there is NO nav info on board right now.

Second question: Does not having a nav disk effect bluetooth pairing? When I press the talk button to pair my phoneall that happens is I get a notification on the nav screen saying that either no disk is inserted or the DVD door is open (which it isn't)

Really like the car. It's in beautiful shape. Like the styling on the earlier generation. Anyone have any answers? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The newer versions are specific to serial number/VIN - they assign a software key specific to your vehicle. 2005 can use any DVD version as long as it's the correct "color." You only need to know what color DVD your system needs, then buy the newest version you can.

A quick search makes me think you need the "White" disc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts