Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without having to physically contact every Acura dealer across the great country of ours, how would I find out if someone, somewhere might have a 2002 Granita Green touring w/navi just waiting for me? Is there a nationwide company who could find out for me? I am willing to pay shipping, etc...

I have decided (I think!) that unless I can find a GG somewhere, I am probably going to have to pass on getting an MDX. :( For various reasons, I can't do a saddle interior, and none of the other exterior colors that go along with the ebony ignite my passion... $40K+ is too much $$$ to spend if you're not extremely passionate about what you're getting!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Granite Green is near extinction. There may still be some dealers somewhere that have one.
But the time waiting could be spent sending out emails from the Acura website to all dealers. The same message, should not take that long to set up if you want it bad enough.
Not sure what the alternative would be except sign up for a 2003 but do not know what the colors will be.

·
Registered
166 Posts
DFDesigns:

I was in the same boat as you since my wife and I really liked the Granite Green. I've posted on my experience in other threads, but basically I ended up contacting at least 30-40 dealers in five states before I found mine just over two weeks ago. I got it two days ago after signing all the papers, overnighting stuff back and forth and transit from Texas -> Arizona. Believe me, it wasn't easy, but I did find several possibilities while I was looking - none of them were exactly right or at the right price until this one. The dealer I dealt with didn't think he was getting any more, but you never know. Texas seems like a good place overall to look for one, for some reason...
Try my dealer - you never know (Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX). Contact the internet manager (Scott Heninger). He made the process go smoothly - I was pretty apprehensive buying something that I only saw a picture of.

There are also a ton of dealers in California, but I believe none of them have any more expected in. I contacted 99% of 'em...
One did have a base w/Navi that hadn't been sold when I found mine. I doubt they still have it, but it was Thomas Acura in West Covina, CA.

Good luck - it took me about 2-3 weeks to locate one; I missed several opportunities to get others though because some dealers weren't willing to ship and I wasn't exactly thrilled about flying or driving out to get one.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I by no means am trying to belittle exterior color ...

... but I have always considered the interior to be far more important than the exterior in any car buying decision. I sit in the inside; spending far more intimate time with the interior than the exterior. We do not sit and watch the outside.:rolleyes:

We chose the Touring, Saddle w/ Navi (all interior considerations) and then chose from which exterior colors were available. I could live with virtually all the exterior colors, but Saddle was a requirement. I guess my point is that although Granite Green (among others) are gone, there are still good looking colors to chose from.:cool:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I by no means am trying to belittle exterior color ...

Could not agree more. My wife and I originaly chose GG/Ebony and ordered our MDX that way. Several months later, when a black/ebony became available, we decided to take it. I could not be happier with the selection. While the black may be more effort to keep clean, it has become a labor of love. I take a lot of pride in the appearance of my cars, and the Zaino shine on a black X simply can not be beat.
The MDX is such an all around excellent car, I suspect that I would be happy with most any color exterior.

:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Arlene from Hopkins Acura in Redwood City, CA, told me that Granite Grenn will be coming back in 2003 after all, but again, the info needs to be confirmed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree: Interior color is also very important. Since we also wanted the ebony interior, that left us with GG, Silver, Havasu or Black.

Since we live in the desert, and temps are regularly >100 degrees for 5 months or more, black/black just wasn't an option for us. We already have one Silver car...and we didn't like the Havasu at all (no offense to those who have it). So, GG was the best color for us. Besides, my wife really liked it, and it's really primarily her MDX, so ;)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
SonShine said:
I agree: Interior color is also very important. Since we also wanted the ebony interior, that left us with GG, Silver, Havasu or Black.

Since we live in the desert, and temps are regularly >100 degrees for 5 months or more, black/black just wasn't an option for us. We already have one Silver car...and we didn't like the Havasu at all (no offense to those who have it). So, GG was the best color for us. Besides, my wife really liked it, and it's really primarily her MDX, so ;)
Go Lakers and GG! (Sorry, I am not totally loyal, if it's in California I will cheer, but if it's in the Bay Area I may cheer louder! or hold my mug higher, guess I am a bit of a w_ _ _ _ many times I will go with the winner. Unless it's football, I will follow the 49ers to the depths of depravity..and have.. ) Oh well, now to go back and exchange a screen door. Need a 32" have a 30".
IT will fit inside the X, but you have to anlge it so one end fits between the console and the front seat (leaning away from you of course).
I should use the rack, but that means tieing it down. Just have to move it gently inside the interior, but door is packaged with cardboard at the corners so you are not likey to tear anything...but you can scratch up that rather soft vinyl quite easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts