Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Just got my 08 MDX Tech/Entertainment on Tuesday and loving it so far.

after researching bluetooth options on these threads, I ordered and received a USA Spec BT45-ACU. I just installed it and can't get the audio to work.

My phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) did find the device and connected. I changed my radio to XM1. The car showed as connected, and even had the correct song showing as playing, but I had no sound coming through at all. Not low sound...no sound.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
This may be dumb but did you make sure your volume is turned up on the phone, if it is turned down that it wont play anything through the bluetooth. Let me know how you like that unit, im thinking of getting it for my mdx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lilharv - installed an USA Spec BT45-ACU in a '07 Tech that I recently purchased from my mother-in-law. Well worth the investment. I installed a new head unit in my '04 MDX a few years back to enable bluetooth streaming and this system works much better than the system in the '04 and was about 1/3 of the price. The USA Spec BT45-ACU integrates well with the stock system, shows the relevant track information from the phone and the steering wheel buttons all work perfectly. I have not connected mic for bluetooth calling, just using the factory system

Takes about 10 min to install, the most difficult part was pulling out the wiring plug from the XM unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am on my second try with the BT45-ACU, and may be headed for a third if I want to press my luck. The first unit I received never did work with bluetooth. The second unit works with bluetooth, but the unit does not work consistently. I frequently have to dig into the back and unplug the unit and then plug it back in. Then it works for a few rides if I'm fortunate, or just one trip if I'm not. At times the music will play through bluetooth and the channel +/- will correctly change the songs. Other times the music will play but the channel +/- does not work and only causes the Acura to say something like "voice enabled" or "voice disabled"

Very frustrating after seeing so many people seem to have good luck with these

1 - 5 of 5 Posts