Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://acuranews.com/acura-automobiles/releases/2017-acura-mdx-named-best-luxury-three-row-suv-for-the-money-by-u-s-news-world-report2017

Acura MDX Named Best Luxury 3-Row SUV for the Money by U.S. News & World Report

Feb 7, 2017 - TORRANCE, Calif.The 2017 Acura MDX earned the Best Luxury 3-Row SUV for the Money by U.S. News & World Report. The best-selling 3-row luxury SUV of all time, the MDX has earned the distinction for 5 consecutive years. 2016 marked the 5th year in a row of more than 50,000 U.S. MDX sales. The refreshed 2017 model receives enhanced styling and new luxury features, and is the 1st luxury SUV in its class to offer a comprehensive suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technology as standard equipment on all grades – AcuraWatch™.The 2017 Acura MDX and other winners are listed at http://usnews.com/cars-money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure how much this will hold good when Lexus RX comes with 3 rows next year.... the 2016 RX design is smashing both exterior and interior

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Not sure how much this will hold good when Lexus RX comes with 3 rows next year.... the 2016 RX design is smashing both exterior and interior
Mdx will likely keep the best value award because an equivalent RX costs considerably more. The 5 seater is already almost par with the MDX on pricing, so it's more in the price class of the Europeans.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I beat USNWR to the punch on this - I decided in 2013 that the 3rd gen MDX is the best value SUV for what I was looking for - and bought the 2014. I suspect most of us here already reached that conclusion or else we would have purchased something else.

Interior I agree. However, I hate the RX exterior.
I agree - especially the front. Every time I see one I restate to myself how ugly it is and can't fathom why Lexus is sticking with the gaping mouth design on their vehicles.

The above point about it being reminiscent of a Pontiac Aztec, one of the ugliest vehicles of all time, is a good one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Some Acura designs are not great but when I see the new lexus front end I just barf a little. Maybe they will refine it.

It's all personal taste but IMHO what's funny is that on their side the 2017 4runner Looks better than the 2017 RX, while on our end, the 2017 mdx looks better then the 2017 pilot lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the front of the RX and NX, especially with LED lights. But from the side they look horrible. And both have ugly rears. The MDX definitely lacks in the interior department. No pano roof or stitching on the dash is a huge disappointment. Thankfully the MDX has a much better powertrain.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I believe Lexus has their owner/fan base loving the look and design. Looks are very subjective thing. Some like and others don't. That's how it is and why we buy what we buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts