Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 acura mdx with original rims and tires on it but I want to upgrade to 20inch rims and tires, how many other things would I have to change on my truck to make the 20inch tires and rims work properly

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I guess it depends on how you define "work properly". Personally, I'd think any vehicle where the wheels/tires cost more than the rest of the vehicle is probably not the most prudent decision.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
To get 20" tires to work, you're going to have to mount very low-profile tires, which of course are going to make the ride quality a lot harsher. Yeah, they might also make the handling slightly better, but we're talking about a tall 4,400 pound SUV so it's never going to handle as well as a typical econobox sedan with skinny tires. If you keep the overall diameter of the tire similar, you won't have to do much of anything (assuming you don't go too much wider, and that you keep the offset similar).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.