Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there possible to modified this? I search on google and just found 1 result, this guy replace the 2008 front bumper to 2012, and it look nice, so i have plan to do the same thing, anyone else do this? can share ti have more experience, thanks! :grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It should be possible since the paneling (Hard metal) wasn´t modified for the facelift model.
So fitment wise it can be done, the real question is why would you? That front beak look hideous as hell.
I was also wondering about this but only if my Shield Grille can fit the new bumper otherwise is a royal no go.

Reactions: Priscillababy

·
Registered
131 Posts
The beak grill is bad, no doubt. But the rest of the front end is way better. The shield grill is not much better, plus the 07-09 has more bare plastic than a lx CRV. It looks a bit cheap.

I have seen Mdxs advertised as 08 with 12 front end. So yes I would expect it to be possible.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The shield grille is MILES Better than the beak.. The Beak Its so bad I would not own a facelift model just because of it just like I would not own a 1st Gen RDX, I like my MDX utility but my Utility must have a nice look to it and the early 2G MDX Crushes the overall look of the Facelift model although I like the front bumper as well on the facelift but the Beak KILLS IT... The Rear end is no contest the early 2G looks better I mean, Square Tailpipes? Tacky Chrome line on the Bumper? W T F?

So just to summary:
I LIKE the New Bumper
I DONT LIKE the Beak Grille
I DONT LIKE the Facelift Rear Bumper and Tailpipes.
Shield Grille + New Bumper + Rear bumper Paint matched? = GLORY!

Also the front and rear Black/Gray Plastic trims can be paint matched and look better:

You cant undo the horrible and ghastly Beak Grille and Square Tailpipes on the face lift model.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Omg the square tailpipes are the best!!! The back end of the 2.5g totally sells it.

The beak grill is bad, but the overall bumper cover is nicer. To me it's a wash. Overall the 2.5g is a little crisper and more modern. But not a ton. I actually like the 2g too.

Agree to disagree. :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
hahahaha I actually recall the "New vs Old" TFL made on the MDX and they mentioned how they hated the Square Tailpipes on the refresh and liked the early 2G Tailpipes the most.. Square tailpipes does not work when the bumper does not cover the ends of the tailpipes they look very weird and the chrome line in the bumper gave it that extra tacky feel.

Reactions: LostCreekSooner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts