Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I didn't even know this forum existed until I was in the market to finally upgrade to a newer MDX. Old one had a hard steering and the suspension wasn't that great, I had it for 122k miles and it was an amazing car. I was in the market for a 2017 MDX but then the dealer offered to give me a brand new 2020 MDX at a huge discount.

2020 Acura MDX with Technology Package
Gunmetal Grey
MSRP: 52,900
I got it for about $41k+taxes
had the dealer take off all the fees and got an amazing deal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hello, everyone. I didn't even know this forum existed until I was in the market to finally upgrade to a newer MDX. Old one had a hard steering and the suspension wasn't that great, I had it for 122k miles and it was an amazing car. I was in the market for a 2017 MDX but then the dealer offered to give me a brand new 2020 MDX at a huge discount.

2020 Acura MDX with Technology Package
Gunmetal Grey
MSRP: 52,900
I got it for about $41k+taxes
had the dealer take off all the fees and got an amazing deal.
That's an amazing deal. Hope you are enjoying your 2020 MDX. Since you just got the vehicle, I suggest you replace those god awful Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires. You will be glad since these tires tend to start chipping rubber off around 40k-42k miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I also went from a 11 MDX to 19 MDX and haven't been disappointed. For almost being the same dimensions, the 3rd Gen MDX feel so much smaller, easier to drive, and almost sedan like compared to the 2nd Gen MDX. The only thing that was an issue was I ended up getting 3 rock strikes on the top part of forward facing hood above the LED/grill down to the gray primer (fathom blue pearl). Quickly made an appointment to the clear bra folks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an amazing deal. Hope you are enjoying your 2020 MDX. Since you just got the vehicle, I suggest you replace those god awful Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires. You will be glad since these tires tend to start chipping rubber off around 40k-42k miles.

really?? I thought these continental tires are good for MDX. How much do you think I can sell them for? I would definitely get Michelin All seasons over these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the new ride!

I also went from a 11 MDX to 19 MDX and haven't been disappointed. For almost being the same dimensions, the 3rd Gen MDX feel so much smaller, easier to drive, and almost sedan like compared to the 2nd Gen MDX. The only thing that was an issue was I ended up getting 3 rock strikes on the top part of forward facing hood above the LED/grill down to the gray primer (fathom blue pearl). Quickly made an appointment to the clear bra folks.
I love the color I got, is there anyone on these forums who did a full chrome delete and blacked it out on a Gunmetal Grey Metallic? I miss the 2011 MDX the power in that car was something else compared to the new one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got 34K out of those contis and they were fine till the end, they started hydroplaning bad!. But they were at the end of their life span so no big deal. they wore evenly and there was almost no difference in tread btw the four tires. I did not purchase them again, i went with bigger Mich Defender tires. But the Contis were fine. imo

·
Registered
298 Posts
really?? I thought these continental tires are good for MDX. How much do you think I can sell them for? I would definitely get Michelin All seasons over these.
Not sure how much you will get. Many of us that has these tires replaced them. Michelins for the MDX is gonna run you near $1100 - $1300 depending on where you get them.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I did the chrome delete, black Berlina 20" rims, window tint, and red painted calipers on my MDX over a year ago. Found a local guy to plastic dip all the chrome for around $400 cash.

Reactions: al-n-ak

·
Registered
163 Posts
Another member on here did all the chrome off of his Fathom Blue MDX Hybrid which was the inspiration for mine

I don't have the Gunmetal Metallic on my 2017 but I have the slightly brighter Modern Steel Metallic paint. I did not do a full chrome delete, I left the exhaust outlets, door handles, and the ring around the front "A" badge. Getting rid of the chrome trim around the windows was the best improvement in my opinion. I also did mine with Plasti-Dip because it holds up well, though next year I might have a professional vinyl wrap my trim because I prefer gloss black to the matte black I have now.

If I had the 20" black Berlina rims I'd almost have an A-spec, but I'm quite happy with my base rims.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
183 Posts
You could always plasti-dip your rims, I'm not a huge fan of plasti dipping, but it does work and you can take it off if you don't like it. My car is white so it can go either way black or silver, I might change it in the future, but I just bought a TLX and I want to play with it for a while.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Must be how you drive or where you live- in the intense heat perhaps?

IME (and many others) there’s nothing wrong with those Contis. The Michelins may actually be a downgrade or simply a more expensive replacement. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Must be how you drive or where you live- in the intense heat perhaps?

IME (and many others) there’s nothing wrong with those Contis. The Michelins may actually be a downgrade or simply a more expensive replacement. YMMV

Can't be how I drive, bc I drive like a grandma at most times (10 under or at speed limit on the travel lane) and I don't go slamming on the brakes especially with the MDX. It possibly might be weather related, but then if it was intense heat and the continuous amount of downpours, I would've seen our previous cars tires to show the same thing, which never happened. Leads to me to believe that quality on these specific contis are shady.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

The tires on my car are fine. When and if the tires start to flake, I’ll replace mine. Why replace the tires now because of what may or may not happen in 40,000 miles?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The tires on my car are fine. When and if the tires start to flake, I’ll replace mine. Why replace the tires now because of what may or may not happen in 40,000 miles?
Im not sure if im correct or not, but most people tend to keep their tires on for more than 50k miles, especially any A/S that's been well maintained. But then YMMV, however its just a caution. Some people do remove the tires from factory and put the ones they prefer.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Im not sure if im correct or not, but most people tend to keep their tires on for more than 50k miles, especially any A/S that's been well maintained. But then YMMV, however its just a caution. Some people do remove the tires from factory and put the ones they prefer.

I understand swapping tires if for some reason you prefer different tires. However your original reasoning seemed weird. Because something may happen in 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Congrats! We kept our '12 MDX as a spare since it's been the most reliable vehicle we've owned. I wouldn't sweat the tires right now...they'll be fine for at least 20k-30k miles. Mine have about 35k miles and they've started to not feel as secure in the rain so I'll be tossing them soon. Fairly typical life for a factory tire and these have been much better than the OEM Michelins that came on our '12.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Im not sure if im correct or not, but most people tend to keep their tires on for more than 50k miles
Nope. Rookie assumption. Most people only keep tires until they are worn down enough to warrant being replaced. This is commonly well prior to 50k miles, not until riding on metal nudges you past 49,999...

·
Registered
45 Posts
We went from a 2012 Advance to a 2019 Advance. The 2012 has a 3.7L engine and we had the dreaded oil burn that started at 73k miles. Never used a drop of oil the first 6 years and then all the sudden went to using a quart every 1200 miles. Eventually there was a recall, but I dumped it right away as a trade in. Our 2019 came with Michelin tires. Dealer said it varied on when they made it, some with Continental others with Michelin.

The 2019 rides nicer, but I don't like the huge gaps in between the body panels. Unfortunately, all new MDXs are like that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We went from a 2012 Advance to a 2019 Advance. The 2012 has a 3.7L engine and we had the dreaded oil burn that started at 73k miles. Never used a drop of oil the first 6 years and then all the sudden went to using a quart every 1200 miles. Eventually there was a recall, but I dumped it right away as a trade in. Our 2019 came with Michelin tires. Dealer said it varied on when they made it, some with Continental others with Michelin.

The 2019 rides nicer, but I don't like the huge gaps in between the body panels. Unfortunately, all new MDXs are like that.
Yea, mine is majestic black and body gaps are much less noticeable. But I note that on many newer vehicles. And BTW I have a separate set of maintenance/appearance responsibilities with the black paint, so that wasn’t a recommendation...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts