Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, following TSB 15-036, I ordered this part (07AAZ-T2GA310, about $17 US) and updated the software on my 2014 Elite (NAV and RES) from 2.xx (I forget the exact number) to 3.00.2304. I did not have the flickering described in 15-036, but for $17, I figured why not have the latest software.

The system is definitely faster (more responsive), and seems to boot up quicker than before. Mind you, I didn't have a problem with the speed before the update, unlike a lot of people who have been complaining of the laggy screens (however, I never experienced Version 1.xx, as my vehicle had 2.xx installed when I purchased it, pre owned). This is an easy update, and I'm betting the Acura dealer would charge an hour's labour to basically shove a disc in and let it update itself, mostly automatically.

Oddly, my AcuraLink which had not been showing a green light in the ceiling, even after updating the Telematics Unit from CDMA to LTE two weeks ago, suddenly got a green light after this update and I've confirmed the service is working. Not sure if it was the update or, more likely, the hard reboot that took place after updating the software. I still think the dealer has replaced my original CDMA unit with another CDMA unit, and not an LTE unit, but that's another post / story which will be concluded later today after I return to the dealer. See TSB J-3-16 for more info on the whole CDMA phase out here in Canada..

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
will this part be able to do the other TSB's updates, care to share where you got the parts from and is it easy to do an update
will it require any special tools to do updates

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TSB 15-036 is for flickering. I'm not sure what else it updates. I didn't have flickering, but just wanted the latest software.

Google the part # and you'll see several online dealers sell it. Pick the one of your liking.

Follow the TSB exactly as it says. It's not hard and no special tools needed. Note that instructions for 2014 are separate from the other years and is at the bottom of the TSB

Regarding AcuraLink... I have the top tier free for a year, the other 2 tiers for 4 years, but not because of this update. All this update did was give me a signal when I wasn't receiving one even after updating from cdma to lte telematics unit. But I don't think it was necessarily the update, but the hard reboot that might have fixed it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Nice, that's a good reference point. We can assume that in Q1 2018, that is the latest version.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having issues with flickering AC Controls on my 2014 MDX. Was looking to buy 07AAZ-T2GA310 Blue DVD update to get it fixed, but my order was canceled several times from different sellers. Looks like this DVD is discontinued. Maybe anyone here still has it? Please let me know! Thank You! Appreciate it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having issues with flickering AC Controls on my 2014 MDX. Was looking to buy 07AAZ-T2GA310 Blue DVD update to get it fixed, but my order was canceled several times from different sellers. Looks like this DVD is discontinued. Maybe anyone here still has it? Please let me know! Thank You! Appreciate it!
@elektrosha. I am in same boat. Have flickering issue + want to upgrade for faster response of system. My order got cancelled by several sellers because DVD seems to be discontinued. Where able to get it from anywhere? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Our 2014 went to 3.00.2331 after I applied the 2018 map update and associated ( included ) software update. But $149 > $17
I’m sure your busy but,if you have time I have a favor to ask you. I’ve thought about the map update. There have been a lot of new ramps on 90 in the Chicago area. However,I’m afraid that the new exits may not be in the update. Then money down the drain. If you have a chance,could you route from your area to portillo’s in schaumburg,Illinois? It’s on golf road. See where it exits 90. If it exits on Roselle then the new exit is on there. If it goes to route 53. Then still too old. If it exits at Roselle,then all the other changes should be in there also.
Thank you. I would prefer not to throw over $100 down the drain.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I’m sure your busy but,if you have time I have a favor to ask you. I’ve thought about the map update. There have been a lot of new ramps on 90 in the Chicago area. However,I’m afraid that the new exits may not be in the update. Then money down the drain. If you have a chance,could you route from your area to portillo’s in schaumburg,Illinois? It’s on golf road. See where it exits 90. If it exits on Roselle then the new exit is on there. If it goes to route 53. Then still too old. If it exits at Roselle,then all the other changes should be in there also.
Thank you. I would prefer not to throw over $100 down the drain.
Thanks again.
Sorry about the delay; I just saw this.

Both our Acura Nav ( with 2018 maps ) and Google Maps want to route via Rockford then east bound on I-90 to get to Portillo's Hot Dogs in Schaumburg. But Google Maps takes an exit from EB I-90 south onto Roselle Rd, then hops onto Golf Road eastbound; the MDX maps know nothing about this ramp. The MDX routes north at Illinois 59( Sutton Rd ), then hops onto Illinois 72, heading SE, then onto Golf Rd.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Sorry about the delay; I just saw this.

Both our Acura Nav ( with 2018 maps ) and Google Maps want to route via Rockford then east bound on I-90 to get to Portillo's Hot Dogs in Schaumburg. But Google Maps takes an exit from EB I-90 south onto Roselle Rd, then hops onto Golf Road eastbound; the MDX maps know nothing about this ramp. The MDX routes north at Illinois 59( Sutton Rd ), then hops onto Illinois 72, heading SE, then onto Golf Rd.

Hope this helps.
I don’t know if I saw this before. I think I will wait another year. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have the 2018 map on my 2015 MDX - AWD tech, and compared the version numbers to the ones shown way above. The ones on my 2015 are substantially later than the ones in the image above.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have the 2018 map on my 2015 MDX - AWD tech, and compared the version numbers to the ones shown way above. The ones on my 2015 are substantially later than the ones in the image above.
The 2015 head unit can run "improved" Nav software that is incompatible with the 2014 head unit. A defining feature is the ability to give it a destination as a single spoken phrase.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just an FYI if this proves helpful to anyone - when I installed the first Map update that became available back in 2016, Ver.ST003.02.00 was installed with the map update also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts