Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes a music file to be treated as "unreadable file" when played from a USB attached to the tether inside the console? I have music file MP3s that play on my old MP3 player, any laptop, any windows PC but will not play in my MDX. They are all from the same source (Amazon) but oddly enough, some Amazon MP3s play fine, others do not.

What's this all about and is there a remedy?

Thanks, All!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had the same issue. It was the bit rate of the files. You can read about my problem in the unplayable music files thread on this board. I have an audio/video editor that lets me save the files out with a lower bit rate. When I did that, all was well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I've got a solution to the bit rate conversion, but after digging around I saw that most of the files that won't play are in "WMA" format. Is there any way to convert these to MP3?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, there are many free conversion programs on PC to go from WMA to MP3. Just GOOGLE. Also, it is the bitrate of the MP3 that is the problem and makes the file unreadable. Again, there are programs that will batch convert the bitrate of MP3 files. My files had a 320 Kbps. Acura is not able to read them. I had to scale them down to 256 Kbps. Thats what i did on my 16GB USB and all the songs play now with minimal quality loss ( still CD quality ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts