Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Checked my tires today on a 2011 MDX. They are Conti DWS 06's. The rears now say Dry and Wet, the front left says just Dry and the front right has nothing.
The fronts are wearing more than the rears and the front right is the most worn.

The tires have always been regularly rotated. The wear was even on all 4 tires until now. The front right looks almost bald - Needs a new set of tires and alignment, you guys think the alignment would be the issue? I dont really notice any pulling. Or do you think it may be a suspension issue? It's due to go for an oil change in a few weeks so anything you suggest i can get them to look at. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 07 wears the fronts a little faster than the rears, expected though, being awd, and front engined. Wear even side to side though. Thats not normal. Unless you run oval tracks...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I also use Conti DWS 06 on my 11 MDX. The fronts usually get slightly more wear because of engine/front passenger weight, steering duties, being mostly fwd bias, and braking duties. Most I get as extra wear is around 1/32nd more on the fronts compared to the rears between rotations. I rotate and then cross rotate every M.I.D. oil change to make sure each tire touches all four corners. I usually get +50,000 miles from the Conti tires.

Sounds like you do have an alignment issue. I have lifetime alignment with Firestone and do an alignment with new tires, any suspension work, or if I have a long road trip planned in summer. There is always 4-6 adjustment point out of 12-13 points in the yellow or red that needs to adjusted back into the green. I don't notice misalignment because I slowly adjust my driving without realizing it. I notice the improvement after the alignment every time.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There may be some suspension wear on your 9 year old MDX, Not enough wear to allow you to feel a pull, one way or the other, but enough looseness to cause your problem.
Have the suspension checked.

Another option, if your suspension is checked and has no issues, is to install Acura part # 06511-sza-a00. There are 2 bolts that attach the lower shock assembly and you install this new Acura part, in place of the upper one.
After you think that you've addressed the issue, have it aligned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts